Faint Positive on Internet Cheapies??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gemini chica Posts: 2581
Hi Girls, I have gotten 3 faint lines since yesterday afternoon, 2 internet cheapies and one spanish brand (doesn't tell me how sensitive), then when I pulled the ones out of the bin for the 2 days previous (I know, I know I shouldn't have) the one for 9DPO was completely blank and 10DPO was faint as was an OPK. I am terrified they are all evaporation lines, they are pink but very faint, all of them still have the lines now, I am just afraid to get my hopes up! The internet ones were test strips from smefertility (10mu), anyone any experience with these or indeed with the same type of thing?
frangipani Posts: 1543
i'm open to correction on this, but most pregnancy testing kits tell you to disregard a reading after a certain length of time has passed, like you said, checking the test again the next day. the results are valid for a short length of time. sounds like you've got your positive! fingers crossed for you! would you go to the chemist and try one of the first response tests if you're stil iffy? Got my positive really early on it!
Toblerone Posts: 2698
that's very positive Gemini Chica. I got faint positives on internet cheapies (and I did a whole load of them). I waited another 2 days and got FR and tested in the morning with fmu and got bfp. Still unconvinced got cb digitals and tried these with DH. Would you try a FR or cb digital especially seeing as your ticker says you are 12 dpo. let us know how you get on. Fingers crossed for you. :wv
Hi girls, they dont have FR here in spain but I do have a twin pack of digital CB (picked them up in boots last trip home) was just afraid if the line is so weak at the moment then its too early for the digital CB! How early did you get BFP on digitals?
MomToEmandJ Posts: 1977
hi gemini sounds really good, a line is a line afterall. i got a positive on a digital at 8dpo but think i may have ovulated earlier than FF thinks. i'm not much help but have everything crossed for you :o)ll
Terrier Posts: 283
I got mine 4 days before Af due on CB digital. Good luck
Oh I might give in and test on one of the digital in the morning, I will be 13DPO by then!! Thanks girls!!
MomToEmandJ Posts: 1977
all the best gemini and let us know how you get on :o)ll
Toblerone Posts: 2698
Hey Gemini, 13 dpo should be early enough to test with your CB digital. It depends on how long your luteal phase usually is (can be from 12-16 dpo). best of luck T :wv
wombats Posts: 665
Hi Gemini congrats, it sounds to me like a line is a line!! :o0 :o0 I knew reading your symptoms that they sounded the same as mine and as you know I got my BFP on saturday!! I'm delighted for you! So does this mean that we'll have the same due date? I think from online calculators I am due Dec29th but haven't been to the doctor yet to confirm. Do your digital tomorrow, the results on that will last for 24 hours before they disappear. :thnk