Fake Bake

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs EJ Posts: 365
Hi! Bought a bottle of the "Fake Bake" tan, just wondering is anyone else using it and how they find it...just wanted a change from the St. Tropez! :)
AGuest Posts: 1262
I'm a self-confessed Fake Bake addict. I resisted using it from mid October until last weekend....but it's now officially fake tan season again - YAY!!! I've never tried St Tropez, but have tried loads of other fake tans but find Fake Bake to be the best of the lot. I love it!! :D I'm getting a free trial tonight by www.tanandgo.ie - the girl is calling to my house to apply it! YAY!! :D
Thks Bride2be.....have always used St. Tropez and I love it but seen the Fake Bake in Roches last week & I thought sure feck it will get it and see what its like, I got the mousse as thats what I get in the tropez. Will be lashing it onto me this evening....lucky you getting someone to do it...would love nothing more...unless I talk nicely to h2b...... :)
Lara Posts: 334
[quote:12lek10a]I'm a self-confessed Fake Bake addict. I resisted using it from mid October until last weekend....but it's now officially fake tan season again - YAY!!! I've never tried St Tropez, but have tried loads of other fake tans but find Fake Bake to be the best of the lot. I love it!! :D I'm getting a free trial tonight by www.tanandgo.ie - the girl is calling to my house to apply it! YAY!! :D[/quote:12lek10a] How did you swing that one Bride2Be?
Fleur Posts: 569
I bought Fake Bake in BTs a few months back. I got the cream... I didn't see mousse. I think that the colour is great but my god is it messy or what... it really smells and goes on all brown and guey... or am I just doing it all wrong. I get a great colour on my hands in particular but my legs still aren't the greatest... any hints?
[quote:urobroxk][quote:urobroxk]I'm a self-confessed Fake Bake addict. I resisted using it from mid October until last weekend....but it's now officially fake tan season again - YAY!!! I've never tried St Tropez, but have tried loads of other fake tans but find Fake Bake to be the best of the lot. I love it!! :D I'm getting a free trial tonight by www.tanandgo.ie - the girl is calling to my house to apply it! YAY!! :D[/quote:urobroxk] How did you swing that one Bride2Be?[/quote:urobroxk] I mentioned her on an earlier thread on this site and she logged on & saw it. She said she got lots of enquiries as a result so offered the free trial!! She came round on Thursday evening & did the tan - set the tent up in the sitting room & sprayed it on. It turned out really well - it was really gorgeous and natural looking. I was very impressed. I'm definitely booking her for the wedding!!
Hi Bride2Be Did you get the Fake Bake or the St. Tropez?? I got the spray tan done a while back, cant remember the name but I remember it was a nightmare to remove it. I was exfolitating every single day, am surprised I still had skin left the amount of times I showered!!! :D I think they are great and are well on for them but would be a little bit worried getting it done for the wedding as going on the honeymoon 2 days later dont want to be all blotchy and especially when going to be sunbathing!! Will you let me know Bride2Be if you have the same problem.... Ta :wink:
[quote:2sg6fftl]Hi Bride2Be Did you get the Fake Bake or the St. Tropez?? I got the spray tan done a while back, cant remember the name but I remember it was a nightmare to remove it. I was exfolitating every single day, am surprised I still had skin left the amount of times I showered!!! :D I think they are great and are well on for them but would be a little bit worried getting it done for the wedding as going on the honeymoon 2 days later dont want to be all blotchy and especially when going to be sunbathing!! Will you let me know Bride2Be if you have the same problem.... Ta :wink:[/quote:2sg6fftl] I had the fake bake done. Luckily it isn't really that patchy coming off at all - only slightly around my toes & ankles - but the rest is coming off evenly. I haven't even tried exfoliating my ankles to see how easily it would come off though.
Ghostbuster Posts: 1268
Hi, Is Fake Bake suitable for fair skin? I haven't tried either St.Tropez or Fake Bake yet 0 can't decide which to buy. I normally use Lancome Flash Bronzer but don't really like the way it gets patchy. Does anyone else find that their chest and shins don't absorb the colour as much as anywhere else? Thanks a mil !!
Strawberry Posts: 148
I've used both Fake Bake and San Tropez for a while. I find that Fake Bake looks better when you put it on for a night out but fades more quickly afterwards than San Tropez. Fake bake is also MUCH more difficult to apply. I've only used the lotion not the mousse, but if you even leave a dot of it on your hand for a few seconds, it stains and you can't get rid of it til it fades. Having said that, I will probably go with fake Bake for the wedding as I am also getting Tan and Go to apply it for me. I haven't managed to swing a free trial even though I have mentioned her on this website. Must ask her about this!