Fake flowers for the house?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Busy Mom Posts: 2910
Are they totally naff? I've seen some amazing ones in brown Thomas that look so real and was thinking of getting some for the house to get some use out of my fab wedding present vases
lux Posts: 6270
I love real flowers and OH is great at buying them for me :lvs but he has hayfever and a skin condition so I have to be careful. I got some fab sunflowers for a purple vase in the living room, its not clear glass so you wouldn't know they weren't in water, IYKWIM? And they look great! I think fake flowers have come a long way since the awful ones my granny had!
Bonnie Parker Posts: 2670
You can get some fab ones - a friend of mine uses them all over her house and they look great in the right position..
IndigoMoon Posts: 2842
Got some fab ones in Harry Corrys recently. Really finished off the interior of the house I was working on
Mari yay Posts: 4045
I love the twigs and branches iykwim, I'm a sucker for them! Just got new ones last week in Aldi!
cindarellawoman Posts: 390
Lovely ones in Meadows & Byrne
Roxanne Posts: 3201
They have improved a lot in recent years - a friend of mine had artificial lilies in a vase and I honestly wouldn't have known the difference. Personally, I prefer real flowers, I do think they have something more to them than just their appearance. People used to believe they could ward off evil spirits, which is why brides carry flowers! If you go with artificial ones though, just be sure to bin them before they get dusty or faded.
rianna Posts: 770
I have some cherry blossom type ones which I love, think I got them in habitat when that was still around! And in the kitchen I have that rail thing from Ikea that goes under the units and I have a pot with fake green plant which I think looks well hanging alongside the ladle, egg flipper thing and big holey spoon thing! I wonder if holey spoon is the official name of that?? I like them anyway!
babypink Posts: 12
You should try Madison on South Anne Street. They have a great selection of fake flowers. The prices range as well because they had lovely little bouquets of roses (in loads of different colours) and I think they were under €10.00!!
LastRolo Posts: 6892
I went into my cousins house about a year ago and said: "You must spend a fortune on flowers, you've always got beautiful fresh ones" To this, she replied that yeah she did, spent almost €100 per week on flowers Of course, I was starting to rant on how that was an unreal amount of money and then she burst out laughing and told me they were all fake!! :o0 I'd never noticed!