Menu

Fake Tan Advice - Dublin South

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rhody Posts: 20
Hi there, Can anyone advise me of a good salon for fake tan in the Dun Laoghaire/Sandycove/Glastule area? I read on the forum some time ago about a place that does a scrub the day before to prepare your skin, but can't find it now Any advice would be great, also which tan looks good and does not come off on the dress when lathered in perspiration from all the dancing :hic Thanks
janet09 Posts: 70
If you get any replys on this topic will you let me know, Im looking for someone really good too and Im in South Dublin too. Anytime I get a fake tan done professionally it come out streaky and patchy..........
October_2007 Posts: 937
There's a place on Newtownpark Avenue, Blackrock (where the shops are, opposite where the church is) that does the spray tan. Now I have never used them myself but a girl in my office does and her tan always looks fab, sorry I dont know the name of it. Also Elysium Therapy on Leopardstown Road might be worth a try... Hope this helps
myself Posts: 192
Hi I have used Calme in Dalkey in the past and they were very good. You could try them? I am going to go to a place in Renalagh because I did a trial there a few weeks back and the color came out great. I went with SunFX. The only bad thing about it is the way is wears off, which is when I'll be on honeymoon. Being really pale myself it tended to wear off a bit patchy unless you really scrubbed. But on the day it'll be really good. Don't know about rubbing off on stuff though.
Hi Myself, What is the name of the place you are using in Ranelagh? Do they do a full body scrub beforehand to prepare your skin? Thanks for the tips everyone.
Hi It is called The Muse. I don't know if she does provide that - you would need to ask. The spray itself costs €45 which is very good value compared to other places. If I can suggest saving money on the scrub and do it yourself? If you buy those scrubbing mits, you can look after your skin every day in the shower with shower gel, they are really good. And then give yourself and very good moisturise afterwards. If you did this in the 2 week run up it would be perfect. Concentrate the moisturiser on your hands, elbows, knees and ankles. The day you go for the tan shower, but don't scrub or moisturise. If you are getting the tan that morning, I would suggest to do any shaves the night before.
Mrs C at last Posts: 1672
I get sprayed in Tallaght, it might be a bit far for you. Its NEVER streaky, always perfect, and €25 a go. If you want to get all the tan off when it goes patchy, go for a swim. the chlorine removes it all.
Good point about the swimming, I must give that a go!
Great advice about the self scrubbing prob will do that! €25 is amazing value but might be a bit of a journey for me, thanks for passing that on though, what type of tan is it they use on you?
barley Posts: 858
[quote="Mrs C 2B":1d36cwkq]I get sprayed in Tallaght, it might be a bit far for you. Its NEVER streaky, always perfect, and €25 a go. If you want to get all the tan off when it goes patchy, go for a swim. the chlorine removes it all.[/quote:1d36cwkq] Where in Tallaght do you go? My cousin also recommended a place in Aylesbury somewhere... €25 is great, is that for a full body?