fake tan recommendations (slightly pregnancy related)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

swissgirl Posts: 2301
Hi Folks, Looking for a nice fake tan recommendation. Something to remove the irish blue hue, not looking for a dark colour. Wont be putting it all over, just arms and legs. Anyone using anything they like? Thx sg
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
heya, i got a spray tan done for a wedding and it was the bronze express i think, was light and natural, or if u are looking for one that u can use yourself, maybe try the sunshimmer, lite matte, really nice too, x ive been using that for the last few sunny days, escpecially on my casper feet :o0 :o0 :o0
PrincessLea Posts: 436
If you're just looking for a DIY job I'd go with the Johnson (god, what is it called again??!) stuff, I've always thought that was the best... Be carefull tho, apperantly your pigmentation go nuts when you're pregnant, well, there's no apperantly about it, I've got plenty colour just sitting in the garden the last few days (GREAT time of hte year to be on maternity leave!!!) but my face has gone all funny looking, all unneven, kinda looks loke freckles but not really... Asked the doc the last time I saw her and she said, yup, that's the pregnancy hormons for ya! :duh:
poppy1deux Posts: 228
i use fake bake at home with a mitt which is the best thing i find for applying at a salon i use st tropez
wifin Posts: 4761
It's been a looooong time since I did it (prob last summer) but I love St Tropez mousse for at home tanning. I've been using it for years and it has never streaked or been patchy once *)
popple Posts: 1368
sally hansen for legs is great for a quick fix, you can put it all over even tho it says just legs! its an instant one and washes off straight away. Use a mitt too to get it even. :wv
lincoln Posts: 387
I was resolved to the fact that I couldn't use fake tan during my pregnancy as my friends hadn't when they were pregnant and I thought it was dangerous. I was going to use an organic tan if I had to - Vaniti or somethingnis one, there was also one on Dragons Den which got investment which I was going to use. Now I don't know as nobody here has posted that it may be dangerous? Have a wedding in June so will need some then. Keeping in mind what some posters have said about your skin pigments etc during pregnancy
wifin Posts: 4761
[quote="lincoln":1ilc0hfy]I was resolved to the fact that I couldn't use fake tan during my pregnancy as my friends hadn't when they were pregnant and I thought it was dangerous. I was going to use an organic tan if I had to - Vaniti or somethingnis one, there was also one on Dragons Den which got investment which I was going to use. Now I don't know as nobody here has posted that it may be dangerous? Have a wedding in June so will need some then. Keeping in mind what some posters have said about your skin pigments etc during pregnancy[/quote:1ilc0hfy] It only colours the first layer of skin so doesn't enter the bloodstream :lvs
atlantis star Posts: 31
i absolutely swear by lancome leg flash bronzer. i know its a little pricey but it is sooooo worth it. i hardly ever use fake tan only use on special occassions like weddings and stuff but its definitely worth the investment as it lasts forever. i've recommended to serial tanners and once they changed to it they haven't gone back to anything else. it goes on with a tint so you know how much you need and it comes out so naturally. i put on for a wedding last week and even after a few showers it hasn't gone all patchy and grubby like others i've used. at least 3 people said to me today in work was i on holiday as i had a great colour or maybe that was just the pregnancy glow :) . i'm normally so white so nice to have a little bit of colour for a change. enjoy the wedding :)