FAKE TAN

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fit Posts: 315
Can you use fake tan when pregnant will be spray sun FX from the beautician
Aurge Posts: 1456
Yeah Iv been wearing fake tan. Havent had a spray tan yet but thats cos I wasnt going anywhere special to get one. Have a 40 in 2 wks and I'll deffo be getting one then.
Woweeee Posts: 13
Hi, Id say it should be fine. There are no known side affects other that your skin might be slightly sensitive. Ive been using fake tan (not spray) and its been fine. Check out the following : Happy tanning!!
Joleigh Posts: 4242
I hope its ok cos I did my tan lastnight!
angel3 Posts: 1572
I heard not to use it as it can get in to the blood stream.
poppy1 Posts: 596
angel3, whoever told you it would get into the blood stream is seriously trying to frighten you, if it did, we'd be in trouble!! its perfectly safe once you have not developed sensitive skin since you got pregnant, i did it while pregnant and breastfeeding, it s fine. so is hair colour by the way. Fake tanning lotions and sprays are a popular and safer alternative to spending time in the sun to get a tan. The active ingredient in fake tan is Dihydroxyacetone (DHA). It is a non-toxic substance that reacts with cells in the outermost layer of the skin and produces a brown pigment (colour) called melanoidin. The outer skin cells are already dead, and are shed as the skin constantly renews itself. This is why fake tan needs to be regularly re-applied to maintain the colour. The DHA doesn't go beyond the outer layer of skin and therefore isn't absorbed into the body. Although there are no known dangers of using tanning lotions, they can sometimes cause an allergic reaction. [quote][/quote]
poppy1 - That's good to know it was actually a beautican who wouldnt allow me to have my spray tan done for a wedding i was going to last month.
poppy1 Posts: 596
thats strange cause i got it done twice while pregnant and once when baby was 4 wks old!! great fun BF a baby with fake tan on - his babygro was destroyed........
Well i think i might go today and buy a bottle sick of looking pastey these last few months! Thanks for that poppy1 you have made my weekend!