fake tan trial?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

superduperexcited10 Posts: 1468
hi all, just wondering if its recommended to get a trial of a spray tan done? for a wedding in a few weeks im getting it done on the thursday for a saturday wedding?? thing is ive never had it before? should be alright though right!!!! :eek
milis Posts: 7998
I wouldn't bother getting a trial for someone elses wedding!!
Mrs2babridesoon Posts: 3319
All salons are professionals I wouldn't worry how it turns out but you could do a patch test just in the unlikely event you would be allergic to their particular brand of tan. Enjoy the wedding!
thanks girls!! O:o)
shoppergal Posts: 1179
to be honest if you've never had it done before i'd get a trial. i got mine done in a salon a few months ago for a friends wedding and it was perfect. a friend got hers done in the same salon last week and it was a disaster, her hands were literally orange the following day and it looked terrible. if you decide not to get a trial follow exactly what they tell you to do, i.e they might tell you to wear socks on your hands overnight. Also, make absolutely sure that you don't touch any part of your skin with your hands.
thanks a mill, have this image of me turning out like ive been tangoed!!!! and im bridesmaid!!!!! they wont need any flash with me ill be bright enough!!! :o0
LMR Posts: 1925
A trial is a must if its a first time (though if its not your wedding it matters less, I guess), as you may decide it doesn't suit you or its too dark (or not dark enough) etc etc. Usually having it done thurs for sat is fine as it gives you time if it does need 'fixing' Exfoliate like a demon before you go and avoid moisturinsing wearing deoderant etc if poss when you go an get it done.
Skittlespink Posts: 406
Just to warn you if you havnt had one done before..they give you paper knickers to wear...I didnt know what they were when the girl gave them to me.. Also I usually wear an old strapless bra (one that you dont mind getting stained!) Good Luck! :o0
oh dear god will have to wear a pair of old undies, as will have my af i think!!! oh my god just thought does this matter???? :eek
shoppergal Posts: 1179
[quote="anon10":2hgsm30w]oh dear god will have to wear a pair of old undies, as will have my af i think!!! oh my god just thought does this matter???? :eek[/quote:2hgsm30w] No it won't matter. They'll give you the paper pants but you can just say you don't need them that you have an old pair on. Don't worry about it, i'm sure they've seen it all at this stage(i mean that in the nicest possible way)