Menu

Fake tan users could you help me out?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

miss shimmer Posts: 453
Hi girls :) Im heading on holidays on saturday and would really like to have some sort of a colour before I go anything but the milk bottle look, I usually wear rimmel sunshimmer, but that washes off, so Im wondering coud any of you recommend a fake tan that will last a few days and fades pretty evenly? Thanks in advance for any replies :thnk
Bridester Posts: 920
I find the loreal sublime bronze mousse one good - or the piz buin one!
SunnyK Posts: 3834
I find that the Loreal Sublime tube wears off quite well - not the see through tube with the orangey gel type...there's a brown tube and the tan is brown with a shimmer to it. Happy Holidays! :compress
stylefreak Posts: 693
The loreal one is quite easy to apply to, I've used it a few times. St Tropez is decent, although the mousse doesn't work for me at all (weird). I tried Tantastic on my legs for the first time last weekend, it gives a great colour (if you like it quite tanned looking rather than just a glow) but you have to be so careful with it. I've been applying tan for years and it was the first time in yonks I had streaks, I nearly died cause I couldn't really scrub it off. That said it wears away quite naturally, I was able to do another layer for the weekend just gone without having all the exfloliating panic that St Tropex can leave you with. Don't think its suitable for face and upper body though. Bought clarins face and decolletage tan mousse/cream in duty free last weekend, its sooo nice. Highly recommend that for face.
FoxyLockz Posts: 2448
St Moritz is fab fab fab I hardly wear fake tan only on occasions and I wore it to my friends hen is lanzarote and it turned out fab and i've been wearing it ever since and its not orangey at all. You can find it in pennys and some local chemists stock it too. Its the exact same as St Tropez and the feb is no where near bad as the others its really mild in smell actually AND very light on the wallett - like 5 euros or something :o)ll
Thanks for replies :) Ive used the l'oreal one a few time and it just does not come out right on me. I tried the St Moritz one at the weekend, it came out really well but the colour didn't last long. Have any of you tried St Tropez or XEN Tan?
Jawl Posts: 8881
Lancome Flash Bronzer, goes on really easily and last a good while and wears off well. When we had sunshine over Easter I was wearing it and managed to tan through it, and without it going patchy or dirty.
[quote="Jawl":kcdzvq07]Lancome Flash Bronzer, goes on really easily and last a good while and wears off well. When we had sunshine over Easter I was wearing it and managed to tan through it, and without it going patchy or dirty.[/quote:kcdzvq07] Thank for the reply Jawl. Haven't tried that before, is it a lotion or mousse?
all my secrets Posts: 102
The ROC fake tan [in a white tube] is really fab as is the Vichy tan [in a brown tube] - both so easy to rub in & they dry quite quickly. They dont go TOO brown so therefore they wear off nicely. I also recommend the Garnier tinted moisturiser for 'dark' skin. Its fab.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
I bought TanOrganic the other day so am gonna be brave and try it out next week. Ive been using the same tan for years but it seems to have stopped taking as well on my skin so am trying this one out - it's scary trying a new one in case it's a total mess!!