Menu

Fake wedding cake??

Go to Food and Drink

Raheen17
New Wolly

Fake wedding cake??

Postby Raheen17 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:04 pm

Hey!! Anybody ever have a fake wedding cake? How does it work? Any recommendations or ideas of price?
On a really tight budget and thought of having just a display of desserts, macaroons etc but it might look like its missing something without the big cake in the middle, for anyone wanting a slice of cake I thought of the M&S wedding cake slices, has anyone tried these?

Thanks!

maybride2017
Mini Wolly

Re: Fake wedding cake??

Postby maybride2017 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:19 pm

To be honest with you I think it would be weird having a fake cake, Why not make a desert stand and do home made cupcakes and get friends to chip in and help make stuff, I would find it weird going to a wedding and going up for cake to find out that it was fake then handed a m&s slice, like just have the slices laid out nicely instead, ya know? I don't think people are that bothered to not see a big cake these days, I couldn't be bothered with one, its extra expense that really isn't needed. Like if people get sniffy over not having a "proper" wedding cake after you fed and water them and then entertained them all day, Flip em!

MrsSparkle2B
Wolly Addict

Postby MrsSparkle2B » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:41 pm

We had a M&S cake, fraction of the cost & very fresh & tasty.

jenny7785
Mini Wolly

Postby jenny7785 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:57 pm

Im a cake maker and fake cakes arent a whole lot cheaper than a real cake. dummies cost the same as ingredients and it still takes the same amount of time, worth and materials to decorate them. and i thin they are harder to decorate most if the time

Annii
New Wolly

Postby Annii » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:29 pm

I think a real simple cake doesn't cost too much :D
I love to watch the moment that the groom and bride cut the cake and eat it together :xox

leavesfall
New Wolly

Postby leavesfall » Wed May 17, 2017 3:42 pm

I think that wedding needs real cake. You can make it simple but real. What's the joy of fake one?

Couple Photography
morganana25
New Wolly

Postby morganana25 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:23 am

face wedding cake is not a good idea... I think it's not much cheapper than a real one

Go to Food and Drink