False Eyelashes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

GerGra Posts: 6
Hiya, Is anyone getting eyelash extensions for their wedding? Or has anyone already tried them? I'm thinking of getting them for my wedding but don't know of any salons that do them. Any recommendations? I live in Louth but am happy to travel to Dublin to get them done.
09June06 Posts: 81
hi i was thinking of getting them done too and i saw an ad in a beautcian's window beside the windsor in dundalk for them (Can't remember the name of the place) was goin to pop in today and enquire about them
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
legal lady Posts: 26
I got them recently with a view to possibly getting them for my wedding. Was very disappointed with them as they only really add length, not volume and looked very spidery, my own lashes looked better with a coat or two of mascara! also, every morning they made me feel like my eyes were stuck together, not very comfortable! I ended up pulling them off. I picked up false lashes by eylure when I was in Harrods recently, they are natural look lashes and are self-glued so no messing about with tubes of adhesive, they had them in various different volumes and lengths. They look great, stayed on all night, would definitely recommend them over the lash extensions, which are a bit of a swizz LL
Mrs Decemberbride Posts: 4337
my mum has these. she gets them done in bliss in sandycove. i have to say they look fantastic on her. that said it took a couple of goes for them really to look there best.
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
The self -glued ones I tried were fairly easy to put on, all you need is a good tweezers. They only cost about a fiver sterling as well and I reckon I will get another few goes out of the one pair. I will keep an eye out for them this side of the water! LL
PS you just peel them off at the end of the night, assuming that you are sober enough to.....
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Mac in BrownThomas do false eyelashes. If you go in they'll put the eyelashes on for you so you can get a feel for them. They look good but do have a limited shelf life as they eventually get full of glue. Don't believe them when they say that you can wash away the glue they look awful. That said have massive amounts of wear out of the first lot and at €11 to replace, they won't break the bank.
Mrs Decemberbride Posts: 4337
the ones i was talking about i think are different then what i see here they use some new stuff and its costs a lot for the 1st go and then 20€ for the up keep...they seem to be more then the adverage extensions. www.bliss.ie if u want to get details and call them and ask for more info.