false positive????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Yippee!!! Posts: 26
ladies, was due my period on saturday thursday i did an early response test and got a bfp, later that day i did a clearblue digital with conception indicator came up pregnant with 1-2 weeks no sign of period and feel sicky in the eveing Went to doc today he did test got negative, then i did another early response test and it now is negative still no period tho? still feel sick? am i not pregnant now
:o( :o( :o( :o(
raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
What did your doc say? Lots of people get a negative on the docs tests cause they are not as sensitive as HPTs. Not sure why you would have got a negative later though, was it later in the day or first thing? If it wasn't early in the morning, try doing another one tomorrow morning. HTH :thnk and try not to worry
Billie-jean Posts: 143
HeyYippee, Hope all is ok, like thmaybe it was time of de said other poster said maybe it was time of day. Try again in the morning. That is the problem with early testing, starts as positive but turns neg. I experienced this last month. hope all goes well
doc gave him referral letter for hospital and said to test again in a few days so confused now :o( :o( :o(
theoracle Posts: 7664
If your wee was diluted there might have not been enough hormone in there to trigger the positive test, but I have also experienced the test not working (no control line either). Wait a couple of days and test again, and make sure you use the morning wee.
tested this morning negative, no sign of period still feel sicky, has this happened to anyone else
nextstep Posts: 21
I'm really sorry you're going through this, i know it's torture not knowing :o( I hate to say this but it sounds like a chemical pregnancy - you get a positive test but then things don't proceed as normal and so the pregnancy hormone levels start to tail off and tests become negative. I really hope I'm wrong but i saw your post and didn't want to leave you hanging on. Maybe do another test in the morning just to double check. I hope ur ok.
Perci Posts: 3847
Unfortunately, this happened to me twice with 2 early miscarriages (chemical pregnancies). On the second miscarriage I was paranoid and did a stupid amount of first response tests and the line just got fainter and fainter until it was gone. My AF arrived a few days later. I hope this isn't the case for you but it does sound like your hcg level just decreased.
thanks girls :o( :o( :o( :o( at this stage i just want my period to just come so i know one way or the other...its heartbreaking for those of you that this has happened too what was your AF like when it did arrive