family christmas in a hotel- anyone done it?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fantac Posts: 4109
hello my fsil has suggested we all spend christmas in a hotel after our wedding (we cant do our honeymoon as wont be able to fly due to pregnancy, so were going next week instead yahoooo). has anyone done this? we'll be 8 adults and 4 kids. any recommendations? we're kinda looking at brook lodge or mount juliet - any alternative sugestions gratefully received!
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Can't help with the question but mad curious to know how telling your folks about the pregnancy went. Feel free to tell me to sod off and mind my own business.
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
never done it myself but would love to sounds lovely
Walking Bump Posts: 2095
Have never done it and have often thought about doing it but it never would quite seem the same IYKWIM. I'm too set in my ways!!
Princess Aurora Posts: 115
:o)ll
fantac Posts: 4109
[quote="TokenMale":tfh0fl1h]Can't help with the question but mad curious to know how telling your folks about the pregnancy went. [b:tfh0fl1h]Feel free to tell me to sod off and mind my own business[/b:tfh0fl1h].[/quote:tfh0fl1h] not at all - after my gurning about it, an description is deserved! mum delighted, all tears and we thought it would never happen (er hello, we're not married yet mother), then straight onto "how are you going to fit into your dress?", think she'd still prefer it was 4m down the line, but she's grand. dad was also fine - we got a bit of a "what a shame" grunt, but mum gave him daggers and he's been grand since. his only request was he doesn't want to know the sex if we find out - which were not going to. SO not out of the will yet - BUT we are gonna call him after dad if we have a boy, just to be on the safe side!
aylala Posts: 3673
[quote="airyfairy":2s2asx8j][quote="TokenMale":2s2asx8j]Can't help with the question but mad curious to know how telling your folks about the pregnancy went. [b:2s2asx8j]Feel free to tell me to sod off and mind my own business[/b:2s2asx8j].[/quote:2s2asx8j] not at all - after my gurning about it, an description is deserved! mum delighted, all tears and we thought it would never happen (er hello, we're not married yet mother), then straight onto "how are you going to fit into your dress?", think she'd still prefer it was 4m down the line, but she's grand. dad was also fine - we got a bit of a "what a shame" grunt, but mum gave him daggers and he's been grand since. his only request was he doesn't want to know the sex if we find out - which were not going to. SO not out of the will yet - BUT we are gonna call him after dad if we have a boy, just to be on the safe side![/quote:2s2asx8j] Aw congrats Airy Fairy xxx
[quote="airyfairy":2fdchxiq][quote="TokenMale":2fdchxiq]Can't help with the question but mad curious to know how telling your folks about the pregnancy went. [b:2fdchxiq]Feel free to tell me to sod off and mind my own business[/b:2fdchxiq].[/quote:2fdchxiq] not at all - after my gurning about it, an description is deserved! mum delighted, all tears and we thought it would never happen (er hello, we're not married yet mother), then straight onto "how are you going to fit into your dress?", think she'd still prefer it was 4m down the line, but she's grand. dad was also fine - we got a bit of a "what a shame" grunt, but mum gave him daggers and he's been grand since. his only request was he doesn't want to know the sex if we find out - which were not going to. SO not out of the will yet - BUT we are gonna call him after dad if we have a boy, just to be on the safe side![/quote:2fdchxiq] I'm chuffed it went so well. Calling a boy after your Dad would be a shrewd move alright!!
McDanny Posts: 1435
[quote="TokenMale":19kwrnre]Can't help with the question but mad curious to know how telling your folks about the pregnancy went. Feel free to tell me to sod off and mind my own business.[/quote:19kwrnre] Something you want to share with us Token? :o0 :o0
[quote="McDanny":g9kkimbl][quote="TokenMale":g9kkimbl]Can't help with the question but mad curious to know how telling your folks about the pregnancy went. Feel free to tell me to sod off and mind my own business.[/quote:g9kkimbl] Something you want to share with us Token? :o0 :o0[/quote:g9kkimbl] Not guilty, your honour. Airyfairy's...eh...[b:g9kkimbl]unexpected[/b:g9kkimbl] news was one of my earliest remembered WOL moments. I was there from the beginning, man!