Fan mail

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mistified Posts: 2680
At the age of 29 I have just sent my first ever fan letter, to Paul O'Brien, i.e. Jack in Home and Away!! :o0
pluto Posts: 3893
:o0 Copy and paste it here....go on!! :o)ll
[quote="soontobewed":2lw7pplp]:o0 Copy and paste it here....go on!! :o)ll[/quote:2lw7pplp] I actually hand wrote it as I figured a typed letter might be a bit formal. I owned up that I was 29 and that this was the first fan letter I'd written. It was a relatively mature letter, i.e. not like a teenagers "I love you, send me a picture" etc. I asked him if he had Irish connections with a name like that, and told him that as a genealogy and history graduate I could help him trace his roots, which are possibly to Co. Clare. I told him to check out Dromoland Castle on the web (the seat of the O'Brien's). I did tell him I was a hige fan too though :xox
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
Ah misti how sweet are you :o0 :o0 Let us know if you hear back from him told you, you can borrow my Mr. O'Brien x
*Muffin* Posts: 7243
My first fan mail was an email to Shane, the guy off 2fm that does the sport....I love him. He never replied though.. :o(
[quote="Mrs OBrien":ufr34qw9]Ah misti how sweet are you :o0 :o0 Let us know if you hear back from him told you, you can borrow my Mr. O'Brien x[/quote:ufr34qw9] Sure will! I only wrote to him to get a reply. I read on the website that he reads all his mail and tries to reply to it all. :o0
sinion Posts: 6050
mine was to Howard from Take That, think I was about 13. I got a reply from their fan club to say thanks, rubbish! I was hoping he'd realise I was his soulmate and come find me!
clucky Posts: 26471
[quote="Muffinmel":1d6678ag]My first fan mail was an email to Shane, the guy off 2fm that does the sport....I love him. He never replied though.. :o([/quote:1d6678ag] the bastard >:o( my first one was to Joey from New Kids on the Block :-8
Dreamster Posts: 6620
I'd be scarleh to admit to some of the creatures I wrote to over the years.....
blinginhappy Posts: 1356
Shane Lynch, oh how I adored that man. And I got a handwritten thank you from him which I think is still upstairs :-8 The only row I had with my best friend was over Shane, and boy does she love rubbing that in my face now! :o0