FAO Charli

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Are you going to your GP for the confirmation tonight?? :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
charli Posts: 5994
ah an FAO!!! I have a havvo today - finishing at 1pm!! woo hoo! have an appointment for 3, am supposed to be going to a big BBQ with lots of family tonight - thats fine, we were going to drive and id be driver so hubby could drink its ALWAYS other way around :o0 that in itself will be strange to my sisters/mum!!! but anyway now hubby has to play a match and my sister rings and says my other sister is driving so i should take a life with them, FFS what to do?!! half thinking of telling my immediate family after docs today?! what you think? :wv
Maybebaby1 Posts: 558
ummm tough one - how far gone are you? I think family who are close are pretty clued up on all this, if you usually drink and hubbie drives they will more then likely guess, I would hate to be questioned before actually telling anyone. If it was me I would probably be bursting to tell but my Hubbie would say wait a while. Do what you think is best. At the end of the day they are your family and they will be delighted to hear the news. :wv
[quote="charli":1ey81lo4]ah an FAO!!! I have a havvo today - finishing at 1pm!! woo hoo! have an appointment for 3, am supposed to be going to a big BBQ with lots of family tonight - thats fine, we were going to drive and id be driver so hubby could drink its ALWAYS other way around :o0 that in itself will be strange to my sisters/mum!!! but anyway now hubby has to play a match and my sister rings and says my other sister is driving so i should take a life with them, FFS what to do?!! half thinking of telling my immediate family after docs today?! what you think? Well your easily 4wks anyway I donno and now your Hubbie wont be there would be mind if you said it without him?? Maybe Have a drink tonight,feck it it may be your last for a while (if you choose not to drink that is)...decisions decisions :wv[/quote:1ey81lo4]
Little Miss Silly Posts: 457
Could you not tell them you were one the razz the night before and you couldn't possibly stomach more alcohol? That should throw them off the scent. I personally wouldn't tell them just yet
yeah tis early days will just say i am not drinking and see from there!!
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Charli, it's entirely up to you when to tell people. We told our families straight away, and I told my best friend the day I got my BFP. As my bro said, it's joyful news to share. However I know everyone feels differently. But there's no 'rule'. Good luck with the Dr. :wv
thanks all went well with GP, i was only the bare 4 weeks!! wasnt my usual GP but his partner and i would have preferred the guy i was used to but it's all the one i suppose - thought he was giving me the impression that i was coming to the surgery too soon!! - i told him i had done the test on monday - that being Friday, i didnt think it was too soon! anyone the earlier the better i would have thought as i wanted referral for the gynae! thanks for the well wishes :wv
Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
Glad to hear it went well!!!!!!! Good Luck & Take Care Lucy :o)ll :o)ll
[quote="charli":3vztt46i]thanks all went well with GP, i was only the bare 4 weeks!! wasnt my usual GP but his partner and i would have preferred the guy i was used to but it's all the one i suppose - thought he was giving me the impression that i was coming to the surgery too soon!! - i told him i had done the test on monday - that being Friday, i didnt think it was too soon! anyone the earlier the better i would have thought as i wanted referral for the gynae! thanks for the well wishes :wv[/quote:3vztt46i] HOOOOORAAAAAAYYYYYY :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Its all confirmed now,love the ticker too :wv :wv