FAO Elegance

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

snowbear Posts: 2107
jmeath Posts: 5740
Hope you are doing ok Elegance. Thinking of you :xox
bumble Posts: 1980
Thinking of you too Elegance and hope you are doing ok in this difficult time :xox
babybuttons Posts: 886
Elegance I really hope all goes well for you today. Hope you and DH are coping ok.
Elegance Posts: 2848
Girls you are too good - especially you Miranda, thinking of me. :xox Well, its done now. I had the D&C yesterday. Good news is that there were no complications - it went very smoothly - and I'm in no physical discomfort. Some pain last night, but nothing I couldn't cope with and its gone now. The most complicated part of it was getting a vein - I have terrible veins and it always causes problems whenever I need to give blood. That was painful. Physically our consultant has recommended that we wait 2 - 3 months before we start ttc again to give our uterus a chance to fully recover. Both DH and I will need that time to heal emotionally - this has really taken its toll on us both. But as I'm 38 and DH is 41 we don't have the luxury of waiting too long to start ttc again. We're thinking May, but a lot will depend on how long it takes for me to get my period again. I have to mention the Rotunda - they are wonderful in there. We had a bereavement sister and a counseller come to see us and both were so lovely. And all the staff were so considerate and kind from admissions to the orderly. I cried all day - I went to sleep in surgery crying and woke up in recovery crying, but now that the D&C is over we can start to grieve properly. We were living in limbo land all of last week. And girls as you know I had really bad MS - morning, noon and night - its gone now. I had also a really bad aversion to anything sweet (Bumble is the same I think) - well last night I did enjoy a bar of chocolate (small mercies). So I think having the pg symptoms go, will help us both get our heads around everything. I've taken my ticker down now - that was a big step for me - I really loved seeing each flower bloom as each month went by. But I'll be back one day with another ticker. I have my own angel now looking after DH and me. I really believe that. I wish I could give all of you a hug for the kindness and support you've given me - this will have to do. :xox
Emme Posts: 4735
Elegance the way you have written your posts this last week makes it impossible for anyone not to be affected who reads them whether they've been through it or not. I know I haven't been able to stop thinking about them. I'm glad the D & C went as well as it could have and I hope to see you back with a ticker as soon as you're ready for it.
bumble Posts: 1980
Elegance - good to hear from you and glad you got through D&C as well as you possibly could. It's so heartbreaking. Thank god you have such a wonderful relationship with your DH and you can grieve for your Little Angel together and help each other. I hope to see you back on the P&B board as soon as you have healed and like you say you have your own Little Angel looking down on you and will make sure you are ok. :xox
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Hi Elegance, just to let you know I’m thinking of you. It’s good to hear that the D&C went ok & you weren’t in too much physical pain but I know the emotional pain still remains & will for a while. Sounds like you have a great, supportive dh. Take the next few months to just spend time together & relax & I’m sure your time will come really soon. It’s true what you said about having your own little angel looking after you, that’s what I think of whenever I get sad. Look after yourself. xx
Elegance Posts: 2848
Hi Emme and bumble - thanks girls again for checking in on me. I'm doing fine today - a few wobbles but thats to be expected. Hope you both are doing ok..... Kindanervous - how you doing pet? Thanks for your post, I know you are going through it too. Both our times will come, we'll just have to think positive. Take care of yourself. .
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Thanks hun, I'm not too bad now, time is definitley a healer. I love the little thing you have at the bottom of your posts about your angel. So nice O:o)