FAO Siobhan Oliver

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Yoda Posts: 3340
Siobhan What's your opinion on this line up for the mass Entrance : Nella Fantasia Psalm : Ave Maria Candle Ceremony ? Unsure any suggestions Offertory I am Bread of Life Sign Of Peace Tabhair dom do Laimh Communion Amazing Grace Ag Criost an Siol Signing of Registar Fields of Gold Recessional The Voyage or Fly me to the Moon Is it too much ? :wv
SiobhanOliverSoprano Posts: 3150
hi autumnWed I'd move AveMaria from the psalm to communion.....maybe move ag criost an siol to your candle ceremony (maybe one verse for the initial candles and another verse for the unity candle) or one verse for the first candle and a verse of Wherever You Go for the unity candle. Youll have to choose a "proper" psalm....something like Se an Tiarna m'Aoire or Hiding Place maybe. You'll need an extra one for the register - it takes quite a while by the time the photos etc are done. I love Fly Me To The Moon! As long as your priest allows it then go for it!! If you want any other suggestions just ask :wv I have some suggestions on the website as well Siobhán *)
[quote="Siobhán Oliver":2bmra3iq]hi autumnWed I'd move AveMaria from the psalm to communion.....maybe move ag criost an siol to your candle ceremony (maybe one verse for the initial candles and another verse for the unity candle) or one verse for the first candle and a verse of Wherever You Go for the unity candle. Youll have to choose a "proper" psalm....something like Se an Tiarna m'Aoire or Hiding Place maybe. You'll need an extra one for the register - it takes quite a while by the time the photos etc are done. I love Fly Me To The Moon! As long as your priest allows it then go for it!! If you want any other suggestions just ask :wv I have some suggestions on the website as well Siobhán *)[/quote:2bmra3iq] Thanks for your feedback, would Ave Maria and Amazing Grace be a bit too much together ? :wv
no problem! If you like both pieces then I think they'll be fine at communion. Ave Maria is just too long for the candle ceremony - it only takes a minute for the candles. If you have Ave Maria first at communion then the musicians/singer can adjust the length of Amazing Grace to suit......it's difficult to shorten Ave Maria! Siobhán *)
[quote="Siobhán Oliver":2nydy8j5]no problem! If you like both pieces then I think they'll be fine at communion. Ave Maria is just too long for the candle ceremony - it only takes a minute for the candles. If you have Ave Maria first at communion then the musicians/singer can adjust the length of Amazing Grace to suit......it's difficult to shorten Ave Maria! Siobhán *)[/quote:2nydy8j5] Thanks again for your advice I am sure our singer would have told me this but it is nice to have everything ready for her when we meet to dscuss the songs :thnk Liz McFeely is our singer :wv
no bother AutumnWed. I'm sure Liz will have loads of suggestions anyway but it's nice to meet your singer having something in mind anyway. I was thinking of having something interective on my website for brides to ask questions about music etc. It seems to be a headache for a lot of brides and I have quite a lot of info/contacts that might be of help. Will have a think about it anyway! Siobhán *)