FAO Sphynx

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Tigletts Posts: 2904
Hiya pet, was just wondering how you're getting on with your.... ahem... massages??? I never even tried it in the end... chicken or what !! xx
Lady Di Posts: 2487
Can I butt in as I'm wondering the same thing! I haven't started yet but just don't think I'll be able to reach :-8
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Girls I started this over a week ago and had great plans to do it once a day but I do find it really hard to reach down! I have to sit propped up on a cushion and even then it's not comfortable! The bump really gets in the way. I think the best thing would be to get DH to do it but mine won't! And not sure I'd want him to to be honest! I've only done it about 5 times and not sure I'm doing it right! But I figure rubbing almond oil down there at all will be a help as the midwife at the antenatal class said it helps make the skin more supple. I will persevere but won't be doing it religiously! Are ye doing the kegels? I find it hard to remember and they're so boring! Apparently we should be doing 100 a day ! :eek
swissgirl Posts: 2301
Oh dear sweet Jesus, Im afraid to ask what you are massaging - LOL. Is it meant to prevent tearing and therefore stitching? Hope you are all well, Im so excited to see so many births coming up. x sg
Tigletts Posts: 2904
[quote="swissgirl":1mflfico]Oh dear sweet Jesus, Im afraid to ask what you are massaging - LOL. sg[/quote:1mflfico] :o0 :o0 I might just get almond oil and splash it on for the last week then. I'm doing the keegels every day but nowhere near a 100 tho !! xx
[quote="Lady Di":314gu1mo]Can I [b:314gu1mo]butt[/b:314gu1mo] in as I'm wondering the same thing! I haven't started yet but just don't think I'll be able to reach :-8[/quote:314gu1mo] Swissgirl here is a clue!!! Seriously, it's the old perineal (sp?) massage - supposed to prevent tearing. Who knows...worth a try I guess!
:o0 :o0 Didn't ever see the pun when I wrote that! I really don't think I'll be able to reach properly, I'm struggling at my toilet visits as it is :-8 Sphynx what are kegels?? Are these pelvic floors? If so I KEEP forgetting to do them, I think I'm going to start putting signs around the house. How strange would that look to visitors :o0
yeah lady di the kegels are the pelvic floor exercises - I've really been neglecting them. My physio told me to stick little coloured stickers around the house to remind me!!!
[email protected] Posts: 492
I'm now regretting that i didn't do them religiously the first time round :eek Yellow stickers are a good idea. Good luck to you all xxx
Stickers are a GREAT idea - thank you!!