Fast First Dance Suggestions?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

superwoman Posts: 135
I really need ideas.We want to do a fast jive type 1 st dance keeping in mind we are terrible dancers. Has anyone any suggestions. Was thinking walking on sunshine, cant buy me love. They are not quite right. Please Please Please help us
darkie27 Posts: 1449
Hi superwoman We are having ho sweet it is to be loved by you James Taylor it is slow ish then gets faster i love it :wv
Roxanne Posts: 3201
Our first dance song was 'It Must Be Love' by Madness... I've always loved the song and the lyrics: 'Soon as I wake up, every night, every day, I know that it's you I need, to take the blues away!' And I hate slow first dances, three minutes of lurching around the dance floor is what you usually see. You need a fast song if you really want to DANCE!
BBS Posts: 405
I was seriously thinking of Is this love that I'm feeling By Bob Marley. I really love that song. Haven't told h2b yet which I had better do since wedding is next week! What d'you think?
fraggle rocker Posts: 1426
I love Heyday by Mic Christopher, its a fast, happy song, h2b thinks its too fast. :o(
sun flowers Posts: 3421
the huckle buck hahaahah...... seriously I remember being flower girl for my aunt and uncle (years ago) wedding and they had that song "lovely day" .....cant remember who sang it but it goes like this.....when I wake up in the morning light...... I know its gonna be a lovely dayyyyyyyy..just goggled it. its Bill Withers Lovely day.... and I can remember thinking that it was so cool....
sun flowers Posts: 3421
the huckle buck hahaahah...... seriously I remember being flower girl for my aunt and uncle (years ago) wedding and they had that song "lovely day" .....cant remember who sang it but it goes like this.....when I wake up in the morning light...... I know its gonna be a lovely dayyyyyyyy..just goggled it. its Bill Withers Lovely day.... and I can remember thinking that it was so cool....
abride Posts: 12
I think Love is in the Air is a great upbeat song i'm seriously considering it url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:3vpwp9rs]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10722;124/st/20071130/e/Wedding/dt/5/k/37b2/event.png[/img:3vpwp9rs] [/url]
Roxanne Posts: 3201
[quote="abride":170z3xc2]I think Love is in the Air is a great upbeat song i'm seriously considering it [/quote:170z3xc2] Friends of mine had this as their first dance and it was fabulous - they did the whole 'Strictly Ballroom' thing, complete with him sliding across the dance floor on his knees!
lemon Posts: 180
Roxanne, I think your choice of song is FANTASTIC!!!