Fat Feet

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MeWimmysBaby Posts: 456
Well it was bound to happen eventually but my feet have swollen and really none of my shoes are comfortable any more. Anyone any suggestions on where to get wider shoes? Or what have ye done? Gone a size up? Thanks
Blackbird Posts: 5135
Mine too! I feel like I'm wearing hiking socks with all my shoes. Make sure to put your feed up in the evening and drink plenty of water and mention it to your doc as well when you're in next. I started wearing really light socks, like pop socks (sexy or what!) and that seems to help a little but shoes still not comfy.
lifestooshort Posts: 2312
New Look have a great selection of wide fitting shoes
Dootsay Posts: 958
Ditto! I bought a new pair of boots a month ago and I can't get into them now :o( , like BB said, feet up and plenty of fluids to release the retention.
satsuma Posts: 182
Hey! I am in the same boat! I went into Penneys and bought flat slip on shoes - they come in black, yellow, red, green and millions of other colours. I don't exactly look like a cath in them but they do the job and are very comfortable and only 10euro! They can be turfed out afterwards if necessary..... DH thinks my feet and ankles are only hilarious .... until I remind him it's all his fault!!! :o0
CamelliaKelly Posts: 207
HI GIRLS, MY FEET STARTED TO SWELL AT 3 MONTHS AND I WENT FROM A SIZE 3 TO A SIZE 7 IN THE END. I LIVED IN A GOOD PAIR OF RUNNERS AND CHEAP BUT COMFORTABLE SOFT LOW HEELED BOOTS FROM PENNEYS AND NEW LOOK. KEEP OFF YOUR FEET FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN DURING THE DAY AND RAISE THE END OF THE BED IF YOU CAN. (GET YOUR DH TO DO IT!) TRY TO PUT A FEW PILLOWS UNDER YOUR LEGS WHEN YOUR ON THE COUCH AND IN BED ALSO. I CANT STRESS IT ENOUGH. I ENDED UP ON CRUCHES BUT FOUND USING THEM VERY PAINFULL AS I HAD CARPEL TUNNEL SYNDROME. MAKE SURE YE KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR HANDS TOO AS CTS CAN BE VERY PAINFULL.