fat or too pregnant?? clothes issue

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bree Posts: 1880
hi girls im 3months pregnant with #3 but look 5 months! iv grown overnight ( literally - last night!! ) anyhow my prob is that iv family christening @the wkend...all my ordinary clothes just make me look fat & maternity wear is making me look 6months preggers.... which look do i go for? fat or wayyy top pregnant????
Daff Posts: 11644
Too Pregant! :) I'm dreading that 'fat' look most people get before the bump arrives. I've had major bloating the last few weeks, put on half stone and got so depressed. But seems to be shifting now and i've lost 4lbs of that weight. So i'd definately want to look too pregnant rather than fat!
Babylon Posts: 334
Congrats Bree! Depends on whether or not your news is public yet.. Public = too pregnant. Not public = fat. I realised I had to tell work when I walked into the dry cleaners and the lady behind the counter copped immediately! Was wearing an old maternity top..... No one commented when I just looked fat :o0
Princess_Jessabell Posts: 291
bree do you not have anything kinda wavy or floaty that you might get away in?? thankfully i dont look like i ate all the pies anymore i actually look pregnant! its so frustrating when its still a secret!
LMR Posts: 1925
I'm afraid the 'fat' look is something you're going have to put up with until the 'proper' bump appears. I was the same. I invested in a lot of Empire line tops which skimmed the bulges but didn't make me look six mnths (trust me you'll soon get fed up of people asking how far gone you are then looking at you askance when you tell them you're only x months.) Empire lines which pull in under the bust will help create a shape also.
Ducky Posts: 2506
Bree love, deffo too pregnant! You're allowed have a bump early, it's your third!!! mwah (bree and I had first at same time and here she is on no.3 and I am flabbergasted!!)
lollyfp Posts: 2441
Hi there, I know your predicament because I just look thick and fat right now. No matter what I do I can't look just "too pregnant" unfortunately but if I was you I'd go for too pregnant. Looking this way right now it's horrendous. I was a bit overweight to begin with and now it's just really bad. I look thick and bloated. I have put on 8 pounds already - can that even be normal? I have not been eating any more than normal and I have even been more consistent than usual with my exercise. I go to Curves 4 times a week and I do a pregnancy yoga class. I also cycle or walk everywhere I go. I have had no sickness or nausea though. xxx
Mrs J Posts: 387
I'd go with maternity. I'm 5 months with baby number 2 and just took the plunge with maternity clothes in the last 2 weeks or so. Whilst my bump hardly consitutes a bump right now and maternity clothes are tending to make me look a lot bigger, they are just so comfy and in this heat, that's all that matters to me!