Menu

Father/Daughter Dance?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dublinredhead Posts: 917
Hi there, Just wondering if any of ye are having a father/daughter dance at your wedding? I've found a lovely song for it but not sure if it's the done thing.....or where would you put it? Thanks! :thnk :thnk :thnk
Gembira Posts: 847
Yes I had a father/daughter dance. We had it right after our first dance, we didn't do the dance for the bm's and gm's. I told the band that we wanted people to join in during the dance too. My dad loved it! As for being the 'done thing', don't worry your head about whether it is or it isn't, it's your day do what you like! :)
grogmg Posts: 455
I would say go for it regardless of wither it is the done thing, if you and your dad want to do it go ahead and do it, usually it is done after the first dance and can be done before the bms/gms do thier dance or after it or as a replacement to that dance. Its up to you, you could also ask your band as they would have experience doing these things and might be able to help you with your decision.
MrsTwit Posts: 842
I think I will be having a father / daughter dance and will probably have it after the band takes their break. It's totally up to you where you'd like to have it though, whenever it works best for ye :)
summerbabs Posts: 120
I'd say definitely have a father - daughter dance. It was the next morning that I realised I had been dancing most of the night & never had a dance with my Dad & regret it so much & know as the years go by I will regret it even more. It would be lovely to have it captured on dvd as well so you may need to do it early in the night before the videographer leaves.
MrsTwit Posts: 842
[quote="summerbabs":3l5o0sh7]I'd say definitely have a father - daughter dance. It was the next morning that I realised I had been dancing most of the night & never had a dance with my Dad & regret it so much & know as the years go by I will regret it even more. [b:3l5o0sh7]It would be lovely to have it captured on dvd as well so you may need to do it early in the night before the videographer leaves.[/b:3l5o0sh7][/quote:3l5o0sh7] That's a really good point, hadn't thought of that at all.......
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
i hadnt planned on doing it. everyone joined on the dancefloor after my dance with hubby. then my BM went up to DJ and got him to play 'daddy cool'!! myself and my dad danced to that and its on the dvd too!! but i think do what ever makes u feel comfy and what you wanna do!!
louthgal Posts: 308
Im defo having a father/daughter dance. Probably have it after our 1st dance and dancing to butterfly kisses i just love that song. :lvs