Fathers Day

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Arianna Posts: 26
Hi all, I got my DH a father's day card and I was just wondering there was a poem I read ages ago on this forum from your baby to their daddy. Can anyone help on this. Thank you Arianna
Cutey Pie Posts: 419
I got my hubby a Daddy to be card - cant wait to see his face when i give it to him - would also like a nice poem to go into it :lvs
love struck Posts: 1125
[quote="Cutey Pie":ulcbqna4]I got my hubby a Daddy to be card - cant wait to see his face when i give it to him - would also like a nice poem to go into it :lvs[/quote:ulcbqna4] Where did you get this was looking but couldnt find one anywhere so I ended up getting one from the dogs!!
Cutey Pie Posts: 419
Love Struck - i got it over in Birthdays in Liffey Valley - they only have the one type. I was searching for about a week. It is not exactley a Fathers Day card but it says on the front " Daddy to Be " " It takes a special someone to be a daddy and i just know your going to be the best " Its soooo cute !!! :lvs :lvs
totalnovice Posts: 787
Oh didnt realise you could get a daddy to be one. I bought DH a Fathers Day card, on the inside it says I may be only little but i love you lots and lots. I will be balling when he reads never mind him
jiggy_jo Posts: 1166
found this on the net, i think its nice, just google poems for dads and youll get lots. HTH :wv What Makes a Dad God took the strength of a mountain, The majesty of a tree, The warmth of a summer sun, The calm of a quiet sea, The generous soul of nature, The comforting arm of night, The wisdom of the ages, The power of the eagle's flight, The joy of a morning in spring, The faith of a mustard seed, The patience of eternity, The depth of a family need, Then God combined these qualities, When there was nothing more to add, He knew His masterpiece was complete, And so, He called it ... Dad ~~Author Unknown.~~
workingmom Posts: 3429
Not giving DH a card this father's day, I am not superstitious, but I think he'd find it weird as would I TBH. He'll be time enough getting a father's day card when he actually has a child.
The PDQ Posts: 954
[quote="mrs gk":3jnzqa8d]Not giving DH a card this father's day, I am not superstitious, but I think he'd find it weird as would I TBH. He'll be time enough getting a father's day card when he actually has a child.[/quote:3jnzqa8d] Yeah it crossed my mind about getting one and then I thought more or less the same as you, I would be superstitious with stuff like that though.
tinyfairy Posts: 1536
I've tears in my eyes after reading that poem! I got DH a the cuttest tatty bear card and a tiny teddy holding a sign saying 'Daddy'. He'll die! :lvs