Favors

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Mai Posts: 763
following on from thread below.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
No, they're absolutely pointless and a complete waste of money. I really don't like these imported American traditions nor do I believe that the majority of people pass the slightest heed on them - they'll remember the meal, the band etc, but not a scented candle or a bag of sweets left on the table (which 9 times out of 10 will be [i:28oli0jr]still [/i:28oli0jr]there at the end of the night)
Mrs Sandie Posts: 36
To be honest, i love favours and i definitely think they add that little something 'extra' and i really don't think they're a waste of money at all. I think a little keepsake for your guests to thank them for sharing your day is a nice gesture , plus it adds to the sense of occasion. Personally i think they're missed at weddings that don't have them. For my favours im having a Champagne Flute for each guest, 5 Sugared Almonds, A lollipop, and a thank you scroll. Im also having Just married Love Heart sweets scattered in the middle of the table, and then for those staying over in the hotel i've ordered tins of mints, and will have them left on their pillows for that night. Seee told you i love favours... I've even bought t-bags that come in little individual packs, with a pic of 2 t-cups in the shape of love hearts with our names and date of wedding on the bottom and the Caption 'perfect blend'..Bought them for my mams and H2B's mams house that morn for anyone who wants a cuppa.. :D
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: How much are you spending on all that??????
SummerDays Posts: 665
I actually thought they were an italian tradition. Im definitely in the waste of money camp. Ive been to quite a few weddings in my time and I've only seen them at 2 weddings. No one has ever commented on the addition or lack of favours
Netty Posts: 7
oh my god well deffo no sugered almonds are coming within an inch of my wedding I dont hink people appreciate then One friend of mins had individual chocolates at each setting might go with that idea I want something the will be kept or eaten but deffo not sugared almonds has anyone ever eaten one? I have'nt..
Sinead Aug05 Posts: 100
I agree, I think they are missed if you done have any. I've only ever been to one wedding where they didnt have any, and a few people commented on it, not in a bad way, like they were expecting a present or anything, but I think its nice to give something to remember the day by.
Twinkle Posts: 174
sandie your favours sound great. We're going to give pins for cancer/heart disease as I lost both my parents to them and hopefully the money that we spend on favours will help to stop this happening to other people. We're also giving lovehearts and flower/tree seeds which people can plant in memory of the day.
[quote="slkAug2006":jr7bn79d]I actually thought they were an italian tradition. Im definitely in the waste of money camp. Ive been to quite a few weddings in my time and I've only seen them at 2 weddings. No one has ever commented on the addition or lack of favours[/quote:jr7bn79d] The sugared almonds are, but it was (surprise surprise) Americans who really adopted the tradition and went totally OTT with it.
Mrs Mai Posts: 763
SandieApr05, I think your little t bags sound lovely. We had 5 little mini eggs because it was easter and because we got married in Italy, I put them in tulle circles tied with personalised ribbon with our names and date. really pleased with them and they cost practically nothing (it did take a couple of hours to assemble them though quite enjoyable) .