Favourite European City

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
What is your favourite city in Europe and why? (want to plan a few weekends away so looking for some inspiration) I haven't been to a huge amount of places in Europe but I really like Madrid. We were there for a beautiful weekend in the summer, and the sun was shining, and we strolled around and just took in the atmosphere, they have some beautiful gardens, and the square there is beautiful
MaggieBee Posts: 1047
I absolutely love Barcelona, have been there a few times now, its just such a beautiful city with such a buzzing atmosphere, so many good things to do and see and nightlife is great, lovely restaurants, loads of nice places to stay. Second is probably Paris, or Amsterdam!! :o)ll
paperclips Posts: 3146
Paris is amazing, loved it :lvs we just found it really romantic there, it was winter time when we went and we were all wrapped up walking around, holding hands, drinking coffees & hot chocolates and sightseeing. Some beautiful restaurants as well, food is amazing. The sights are amazing and the architecture is incredible. Not forgetting a trip down the Seine.... We've also been to Brugge in Belgium - It is so beautiful there. It was winter (we take winter breaks!) when we went and very cold but its one of my favourite places. Its all cobble stones and rivers flowing through it. There is the lake of love there as well where couples go and make wishes. Horse and carriage ride throught the streest of Brugge to view the sites. Valletta in Malta - excellent for shopping and surrounded by Harbours and Sea so great views too. Very lively during the day but relaxes at night time - people go to Silema or St Julians for nights out. Beautiful in the Summer time.
dresstoimpress Posts: 1719
Florence , for the food, culture, sights and romance. Its right in the tuscany area and its very easy to do fantastic day trips into the tuscan countryside
nelswife Posts: 3869
Rome or Paris would be my favourite... Can i have 2? Didn't get to see enough of Rome when we were there as we were there for Hubbies brothers wedding, and he was best man so he spend a lot of time with him and the girls did there own thing IYKWIM, so we would love to go over there and see it all together
ciaraella Posts: 5323
Prague was lovely when we went (2004) but i've heard it's gone a bit downhill. went to cologne at christmas and it was gorgeous, my sister-in-law was in Barcelona and raved about it, it's on my list to try
ott Posts: 3920
Paris is my number 1 - I find it so relaxing there, you can just sit back and watch Parisien life go by. Barcelona is my second in line - love how it has a little bit of everything!
HappyMum2010 Posts: 431
Barcelona is my number 1, love love love it!! Amsterdam is my number 2- so relaxed :o0
JustBecause Posts: 3242
Dublin... because all my favourite people (bar himself) are there and I want to move back eventually London... because I live here and it's a great place to be Berlin... because when I went inter-railing on my own it was one of the few places that I didn't get hassle and it's a very interesting and easy to explore city. Barcelona... because it's warm and fun with amazing food and architecture
DaisyB Posts: 1708
i just loved Paris, love to go back havent been in so long. i also love Liverpool but they are soooo different :o0