Favourite school memories

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

workingmom Posts: 3429
All this talk of public sector stuff has made me think back on my school days, here is one of my favourite memories. One day the teacher(male) asked us if snail was a verb or a noun, he picked some poor guy to explain who wasn't listening. He said, "verb, sir", quick as a flash the teacher said "what is a verb class?", we droned back "a verb is an action word", and the teacher said, "right so, Mr X, get down there now and show me how you snail"..... and the poor fella got down on the ground and went up and down on the floor saying "I snailed to the door, I snailed to the door", it was so hilarious I was only 10 and I can still remember it..... the poor fella got up and the teacher said "so, is snail a verb", " no sir" he replied and sat down, mortified. Share your favourite memories....
M Chereux Posts: 391
My God if that was done today that teacher would get fired for humiliating that poor lad! I have loads of memories but the one comin to mind now is sittin in maths class, so silent I got a compass and stuck it in my mate sittin beside me of course she let out such a yelp :o0 I was tryin to contain myself with the laughing and she was sittin there red faced tryin to explain herself to the teacher! :yelrotflmaosmilie:
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Our school had been extended over the holidays and when we came back in September some classes only had enough desks for half the pupils so we had to sit two to a desk (small square ones). Myself and my best friend were sitting opposite each other during English class and her stomach was making the most demented gurgling noises. We were in silent convulsions for pretty much the whole class. I always remember that one class whenever my own stomach rumbles! We spent most of our classes together in silent convulsions over something though!
prettylady Posts: 578
[quote="v excited b2b":10dqw4n2]Our school had been extended over the holidays and when we came back in September some classes only had enough desks for half the pupils so we had to sit two to a desk (small square ones). Myself and my best friend were sitting opposite each other during English class and her stomach was making the most demented gurgling noises. We were in silent convulsions for pretty much the whole class. I always remember that one class whenever my own stomach rumbles! We spent most of our classes together in silent convulsions over something though![/quote:10dqw4n2] this used to always happen to me and my friend in study after school, it wud be so loud too wen the class is quiet, I rem passing silly notes and letters to each other. also was invloved in musicals in secondary school and loved that. :wv