FEC*ERS spent €1200.00 on my credit card.......

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

littlechick Posts: 758
Well girls, I had a text from the bank on Saturday morning to ring them ASAP. So I rang them and they were like there has been 15 transactions on your credit card since yesterday :eek :eek I was like "What". My OH and I have two cards with different numbers on the same account. And some how these bast*#ds had got hold of OH credit card number and has spent €1200.00 in one afternoon, on pizza and phone credit and daft things like that O:| The bank had no idea how they got hold of number or anything. The insurance will cover it, but now I have no credit card and I found a great deal on the Internet for a hotel room in France and now I cant book it!!! This is the first time anything like this has happened to us... Has anything like this ever happened you any of you??? I will be scared to use my credit card online any more!!
bridiejones Posts: 19
That is awful, it happened to my sister last year. She booked a weekend in a hotel in cork & the next day someone was buying clothes etc on Macy's website they clocked €1800 on her credit bill, took ages to sort out but 'seemingly' someone had hacked into hotel website & used her credit card number but thankfully insurance covered it. Hope you get sorted soon
littlechick Posts: 758
OH had got something off Amazon a week before, I wonder would they have hacked into that???
gniddew Posts: 276
can you buy those temporary credits that only have a cerrain limit on them to book your holiday? i,m sure there is a proper name on them but i cann't think of it. brain is still in monday morning mush.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
My god :eek :eek :eek Thats terrible!!!
bridey09 Posts: 263
I know somebody who bought off Amazon recently and their card was used for other transactions so maybe it's something to do with their site??
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
Oh My God,that's awful!!!
jadem Posts: 1787
It happened to me a couple of years ago,i booked an hotel over the phone and a few days later i got my cc bill and got some shock.Rang the customer service line,got through the fraud squad and chatted to them.They sent me out a form i signed it and that was it. So never give your cc details over the phone,even hotels.Had to cancel the cards and got a new one the same week.The f%ckers bought stuff in california >:o( or canada
Married2010 Posts: 372
[b:186cx45l]THERE IS A CARD THAT YOU CAN ORDER FROM THE PTS BANK. IT IS CALLED A 3V VOUCHER BUT IT LOOKS THE SAME AS ATM CARDS. THERE IS A MAXIMUM LIMIT OF €300 OR €350 SO IF SOMEONE DID GET THE DETAILS FOR IT THERE IS A LIMIT. CHECK OUT THE TSB SITE BECAUSE I ORDERED MINE OFF THERE. ITS VERY HANDY IF YOU DONT LIKE USING YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS ON SITES. [/b:186cx45l]