Feeding and nappy changing

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Please excuse my ignorance here. :-8 I was reading that if your BF its more convienent to have the baby in your room for a while as for night feeds you can just take the baby into your bed, feed and put back to sleep. My question is - do you not have to change the baby aswell? So do you change first and then feed , or feed and then change and if you have to get up to change anyway does it matter where the baby sleeps. Dh said its probably just that you can stay in your warm bed when you feed as opposed to getting up to do it??? Oh God i havent a clue. :-8
jen2 Posts: 3106
When I breast fed, I sat ina chair to feed the baby during the night, so that I would not fall sleep. ALso I would feed the baby, then before I changed boob, i would change the babies nappy, as I found if I chnaged the baby after the feed, it woke the baby up again. So as I said I change dthe baby half way though, and then finished the feed, and but the baby back down. Jen2
Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
Stupid question but for the extremely lazy could you put a little potty under the baby's bum while feeding to save having to change napies and clean a very dirty bum? Maybe that would also help avoid nappy rash? I obviously haven't a clue myself...
I dont tink so avril. A new babys bum is tiney, and the potty would be way to big. Also if breast feeding, the baby is up high at your boob, so it would be near impossible to had a potty under the baba. Also i think it would be very uncomfortable for both mum and baby. Once you get use to changing the nappies, they can me done in less than a minute. Jen2
Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
Thanks Jen, question prompted by looking after my two year old nephew at the weekend. He did such a disgusting one I had to give him a bath afterwards :eek
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Thanks Jen2, id be afraid id fall asleep in the bed too. :eek Thats a ggod tip about changing half way through feeding, thanks. :thnk
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote="Avril07":2bq975wm]Stupid question but for the extremely lazy could you put a little potty under the baby's bum while feeding to save having to change napies and clean a very dirty bum? Maybe that would also help avoid nappy rash? I obviously haven't a clue myself...[/quote:2bq975wm] you would still have to wipe its diry bum! Those new cotton disposables look great IMO
[quote="Mama Dora":kaibkdrb][quote="Avril07":kaibkdrb]Stupid question but for the extremely lazy could you put a little potty under the baby's bum while feeding to save having to change napies and clean a very dirty bum? Maybe that would also help avoid nappy rash? I obviously haven't a clue myself...[/quote:kaibkdrb] you would still have to wipe its diry bum! Those new cotton disposables look great IMO[/quote:kaibkdrb] What are they mama Dora? Cotton nappies? Jen2
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote="jen2":2nv9t4rw][quote="Mama Dora":2nv9t4rw][quote="Avril07":2nv9t4rw]Stupid question but for the extremely lazy could you put a little potty under the baby's bum while feeding to save having to change napies and clean a very dirty bum? Maybe that would also help avoid nappy rash? I obviously haven't a clue myself...[/quote:2nv9t4rw] you would still have to wipe its diry bum! Those new cotton disposables look great IMO[/quote:2nv9t4rw] What are they mama Dora? Cotton nappies? Jen2[/quote:2nv9t4rw] An advert is in a little book I got off my GP...they are called "Bambinomio" award winning cotton nappies only available at Superquinn
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I think you have to wash those no? Website says to wash nappies every third day?