feeling a bit off!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dreamscometrue2012 Posts: 1769
Hiya wollies Don't be minding me, just having a off day...feeling a bit emotional and feeling massive :o( Went wedding dress shopping today and I'm normally a size 12-14 but any size 12 she tried on me, the zip wouldn't go up..thought I had lost a few pounds, but must be wrong..I was convinced I wanted a lace dress but they all looked awful on me :o( I did see one lovely dress and it brought out my curves..it was really the first shop and I'm off the smokes for nearly 2 weeks... not making any sense, no need to respond to my ramblings...
diydaisy Posts: 326
Just so you know, wedding dresses in general are sized small. This manky feeling will pass :action32 Hope you find something you like real soon
happyfamily Posts: 3323
Don't feel bad about a label on a dress. All of the different brands have different sizings and some are big and some are small. Ignore the label!!!!! It's only a number. Look at the dress and what it does for you and how confident it makes you feel. You'll find a dress that you feel amazing in, trust me. :action32
Thanks diydaisy, I'm prob just tired too I'm sure I'll be grand after a good nights sleep!!! She put a few size tens on me too...just felt a bit massive, I'm being silly I know! I'm going to aim to lose a stone and tone up before the wedding!!
Excitedwife Posts: 1186
I PROMISE they are generally small sizes O:| . I WAS 10-12 when I got married (I can only wish now :)) and my dress was a 14! I remember thinking Oh My God but I loved it and it suited me so I soon forgot...don't worry and enjoy :o)ll :o)ll
[quote="happyfamily":1wdtjj2v]Don't feel bad about a label on a dress. All of the different brands have different sizings and some are big and some are small. Ignore the label!!!!! It's only a number. Look at the dress and what it does for you and how confident it makes you feel. You'll find a dress that you feel amazing in, trust me. :action32[/quote:1wdtjj2v] Thats what the girl in the shop was saying, she was lovely! She could see the excitment just leaving me! My trousers are a size 12 and I'm 5 5, so its not like I'm massive just feel it! There was one fab dress that looked gorgeous on and it really suited my shape, just the lace ones didn't! But I have to think, it was the first shop! Thanks wollies :wv
[quote="Excitedwife":cphr83to]I PROMISE they are generally small sizes O:| . I WAS 10-12 when I got married (I can only wish now :)) and my dress was a 14! I remember thinking Oh My God but I loved it and it suited me so I soon forgot...don't worry and enjoy :o)ll :o)ll[/quote:cphr83to] Thanks, don't feel so bad now...but am still going to lose a stone before the wedding, I want to keep my curves, as I feel better in clothes (I know tmi)
Rubix Posts: 692
Thats why you have to try on as many as possible. The dresses in the shop are small sizes and it is frustrating. You have something in mind and you actually don't know if it will suit you until you try in on. If you are dead set on lace maybe you can incorporate by having a lace trimmed veil? Believe me you will look fabulous on your big day and this is the first step of your journey. You will find a dress that was 'made for you' and it will be perfect on you. When you find it let us know. Enjoy the process :thnk have a good sleep
[quote="Iona10":1ccqsttv]Thats why you have to try on as many as possible. The dresses in the shop are small sizes and it is frustrating. You have something in mind and you actually don't know if it will suit you until you try in on. If you are dead set on lace maybe you can incorporate by having a lace trimmed veil? Believe me you will look fabulous on your big day and this is the first step of your journey. You will find a dress that was 'made for you' and it will be perfect on you. When you find it let us know. Enjoy the process :thnk have a good sleep[/quote:1ccqsttv] Your right, I just had it in my head I wanted a lace dress but I'm being open minded and listening to her opinion, as she would know better than me...the girl picked the dress that looked stunning on me!! I will let ye know when I find the one!!! Thanks for everyones kind words, its made me feel much better...what would I do without ye wollies :)
candypants Posts: 8575
My wedding is in 2 weeks, my size 12 dress is to tight, Ive been a 12 for years, my new wedding dress is a 16 :eek I can assure you, im not a 16! i dont even own clothes in a size14!! So honestly dont read into it to much, you will know yourself if you lost the weight or not. Best of luck with it :o)ll