Feeling awful

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

goldie2 Posts: 76
Hi i am 6 weeks pregnant and i am feeling awful, so tired i cant move, so sick i cant eat, and have pains everywhere, my tummy is very uncomfortable especially if i wear fitted clothes. i have shortness of breath and i am freezing all the time!! sorry for moaning but just wanted to know if this was normal. thanks
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
can anyone help.......bump
Christmas B Posts: 6191
OMG........... you poor thing!!!! I was reading my book last night and it said to drink loads of water which helps avoid tiredness!!!! Re everything else I have no idea!! Hopefully someone else can advise you hun!!!
ros Posts: 749
Hi! Yes it all sounds familiar! I never experienced the cold like I did when I was pregnant. In fact, all of my senses were heightened. Especially sense of smell and taste which was unfortunate as I basically went off all food except for carbs so stuffed myself throughout the pregnancy with pasta, spaghetti and spuds! For the tiredness I would say to you to get to bed at 9pm each night. Your body is telling you it needs the extra winks. The coldness - wear thermals - not attractive but VERY cosy! Fitted clothes - shelve them until post partum. Invest in stretch jeans a size too big - you will be able to wear them into your 5th month. You can wear them again post partum until you fit into your regular size clothes. Good luck! The discomforts should pass in another few weeks or so and you'll be blooming!
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I'm tired but thats normal for me,dreading it if it gets worse....I have no idea how far gone I am until later on
bellabella Posts: 2750
To be honest it's normal enough. i felt like crap from very early on and the doc keapt saying the worse the better, well obviously if you have severe stomach pain and/or a temperature you should go to the doc. bUt feeling cold is normal in early pregnancy don't worrying you'll start sweating soon enough. Tiredness is normal too the first trimester of pregnancy is equal to walking up and down a mountain everyday. Are you constipated? What type of pains have you got all over your body? Feeling periody is a good sign so don't worry . here's a hug and i think you should listen to your body and rest more and try to eat little and often and sip water. (((((((hug))))))))))))999
luigi Posts: 867
Hiya, I found week 6 and week 7 the worst! I couldnt stay awake past 7pm and was feeling like passing out a lot so your story sounds so familiar. Also I bloated straight away so although I didnt have a bump as such, my tum was huge. Just wanted to let you know that by week 8 I was feeling so much better. Here's hoping you feel better soon.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Oh you poor pet. I know tiredness and sickness are part of it unfortunately. However luckily for me I didn't have those. I do have shortness of breath though and that's normal, even at this early stage, and had AF like cramps for a good few weeks after getting my BFP. If you're really sick and not keeping anything down I think you should go to your GP. Maybe you're coming down with something if you're freezing all the time. It really sounds like you need to be tucked up in bed to be honest. Call your Dr, and look after yourself.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I'm 8 weeks now and started feeling really crap at 6 weeks. I think there must be a big growth spurt that starts around that time. My stomach is huge (bloated), I'm exhausted, cold, hungry all the time but no appetite and really picky, nauseous, irritable (very!), and have itchy skin - I feel very miserable and sorry for myself and don't want to be around anyone - not even poor DH! I think it is all hormonal but talk to your doctor about it for more reassurance. Hang in there, it is supposed to ease off after week 12!
Baby cakes Posts: 1237
[quote="goldie2":27fz8loy]Hi i am 6 weeks pregnant and i am feeling awful, so tired i cant move, so sick i cant eat, and have pains everywhere, my tummy is very uncomfortable especially if i wear fitted clothes. i have shortness of breath and i am freezing all the time!! sorry for moaning but just wanted to know if this was normal. thanks[/quote:27fz8loy] Goldie you are perfectly normal, I used to be in bed for 7pm too :eek and slept right through. With regards to eating try small pieces of food frequently rather than a huge dinner, I found this helped :thnk Have you tried www.eumom.ie, it realy good for the weekly updates on how baby is growing and what you can expect. :wv