Menu

Feeling dejected

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bláth Posts: 4
Apologies in advance for the rant. This day next year I'll be married! Should be all excited but not the case. Not one person...including my husband to be has remembered or acknowledged it! Like ZERO people. Was talking to both my parents, his mother, the 2 bridesmaids and a few friends today!When 2 of my good friends were getting married I rememeber texting them and even sent them flowers with a note about the wedding being 1 year away! I know it's not the be and end all but it has really upset me that no one mentioned it. Can't even get annoyed at h2b coz he's been working 12 hour night shifts for the past 2 weeks & hardly knows his name or day of the week at this stage but it's my mom & girlfriends that have upset me the most to be honest! Is it wrong to want a little fuss??
morningsun Posts: 784
Yes you are wrong! Get a grip!
Casperlady Posts: 166
Why would you want a fuss made, I think you might be getting a little carried away yes it's an important day to you and you h2b but not really to anyone else. Be thankful you are getting married to someone you love
craftyPB Posts: 2625
Awh, I can imagine how you're feeling! All my nearest and dearest remembered our 1 year to go date! I remember getting texts and messages from my BMs, mum bought me flowers and that weekend me and my then fiancé went out for dinner! Maybe do something nice with your fiancé whenever he's next available to celebrate, even if it is a bit late!
maybride2017 Posts: 232
Is this a real post.......? I cant believe an adult would go on like this......
BuzzyBee92 Posts: 142
[color=#BF00BF:30fowkow]I feel for ya! Wedding planning has highs and lows....and I'm also one of those people who celebrate everyone's milestones with high enthusiasm. It's hard but I've had to learn that not everyone is going to react the same way I do and H2B has helped me with managing my expectations as when people don't I tend to get quite a bit blue. CraftyPB's suggestion of dinner with your love is a great idea! Alternatively, treat yo self! Have little pamper sesh or indulge in a little something to celebrate :lvs Hope you start to feel better soon [/color:30fowkow]x
John Walsh Guitar
Smallensmall Posts: 139
I was the same - wanted to do something for our 1 year pre-anniversary ! We went to dinner to celebrate the last time the 15th of September would be "just a day" In saying that nobody else really noticed. My husband certainly wouldnt have either only he didnt have a chance to forget as I kept going on about it :-) I am like you, I always make a big deal of other peoples special day's because I like when people do it for me but as Busy Bee said you cant get upset if they dont. Its a huge day for you but could easily slip someone elses mind. I would try not to take it personally and just go and celebrate it with your husband to be. I would really try and not let these little things bother you. As someone who is married a month take it from me, you are about to have the best year of your life :-) Its going to be so exciting and you will find yourself just smiling at random times when you think of what the year has in store for you. Soak it all up and try not to let these little things bother you. Cause when its all over you'd give anything to go back and do it all again. Peoples intentions are not to hurt your feelings, it just isnt on their mind 24/7 like it is ours :-) So just make a big deal of these little milestones yourself and when people jump on board all the better. Happy Pre-anniversary !!! :-)
whereland Posts: 472
Sorry this is a non issue..
MissyM67 Posts: 337
I have to say I didn't even realise when it was a year to my own wedding, so I'd never expect anyone else to know. Sorry I can't be of more help :(