Feeling miserable

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

madmam Posts: 1294
Hey girls, Haven't been sick all through pregnancy till now. Am on antibiotics for a possible kidney infection, now have a heavy head cold which I can take sod all for! Got no sleep last night because I couldn't breathe/get comfy. If I take something for the sore throat, my heartburn plays up - if I take something for the heartburn my sore throat plays up. Aaaaarrrrrggh! Does anyone have any suggestions re: what is safe to take? I would rather not take paracetamol on top of the antibiotics. I am inhaling Olbas Oil and sucking Strepsils (all crap if you are used to taking cold n flu tablets like they are sweets!). Is there anything else I can do? Wasn't sleeping well anyway, but this just takes the biscuit...... :o(
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi sorry to hear you are so sick. For a sore throat i find a cup of very hot (not boiling) water, a big spoon of honey and squeeze of lemon very good, as is the honey and lemon glycerine you can get in the chemist. For heartburn try Gaviscon or Rennies. Can you put the Olbas in a bowl of boiling water and inhale with a towel over your head? What about those heated lavender packs you can get, they are supposed to help you sleep and the heat from it might comfort you. Hope you feel better soon.
soontohave3 Posts: 160
Hi shorty, Sorry to hear your feeling so miserable. Don't really have any suggestions of what you can take either i'm afraid. Hopefully antibiotics will kick in soon and give you a bit of relief at least from one problem. I had a sore throat there recently and just lived on soothers sweets which don't get rid of the problem but give a bit of relief. Make sure you get loads of sympathy and pampering from the other half at least. Hope you feel better soon, Take care x