Feeling soo guilty

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bubba Bump Posts: 348
Oh God, when does this guilt end? I'm lying to my family about why I can't go out :o( There is a big family gathering this weekend, I had 100% intended on going but now I'm going to give it a miss. There is no way that I can get away with not drinking. I just feel soo guilty cos my sister and brother are relying on me driving them down the country to the gathering. :o( :o( :o( :o( :o(
Delish Posts: 4176
I thought it would be really hard to hide not drinking and avoided going out at the start (and still do but that's more cause it's not as much fun when you are sober we have to deal with the crazy tiredness!), but anyway I found the best way to avoid drink was not to bring any attention to the fact you are not drinking, just sip on coke or 7 up most people presume your drinking, stay in your own rounds, make sure your hubby/partner keeps a drink in your hand so that people aren't offering to buy you one, and if anyone insists ask for a coke as you don't want to get too waisted too early in the night. You'ld be surprised people really don't notice as much as you might expect them too.
Thanks Delish, problem is hubbie isn't coming and it's the first time I'll have been out with my family since my wedding so I'm just worried that peolpe will want to buy me a drink etc. I drink Cider so it's not easy to hide. Myself and hubbie are trying to come up with some illness that I need an antibotic for and one that I cannot drink on. My family know me well enough to know that I'd usually drink on an antibotic :-8 Ah I'm just rambling here, just feeling guilty about not telling family :o(
Delish Posts: 4176
Gastroenteritis (sp) did you pick up a bug on honeymoon, Doc says you can't drink acidic cider it would irritate you stomach :o0 :o0
[quote:t9yk0u7u]Gastroenteritis (sp) did you pick up a bug on honeymoon,[/quote:t9yk0u7u] I've been back from my honeymoon since beginning of Sept :o0 :o0 :o0 Sorry it's my extended family I haven't seen What symptoms would I have if I had a stomach ulcer??????? :hic
Midlands Mum Posts: 871
You could always just drink non alchoholic beer like becks thats what im doing. And its not that bad plus it looks like your drinking. Or say your doing the driving so your not drinking? You could say you have a vomiting bug and dont really want to go. But your going to go to see everyone, but your definately not drinking.
bree Posts: 1880
Hi .. My Doc diagnosed an ulcer last time i was pregnant before realising i was pregnant & once i got a positive i just carried on with the ulcer scenario.. was brilliant & believable too.. go with that :o0 .. anyway you could just say you were at Doc as you had lots of bloating, tummy discomfort & bleeding ( ie.park poo for those extra nosey aunts! ) and he said you had an ulcer & put you on a stomach healing tablet & put you off all alcohol for at least next 6 wks ( as well as fatty foods etc ) .. start complaining about it now tho when you ring home so its believeable
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
I had a womb infection before (from running 3 packs of the pill together :-8 ) and was put on Flagyl (anti bot) and GP warned me not to even consider taking a drink cos it would make me violently sick. Its not like with other anti bots that maybe lose some of their effectiveness this will make you vomit very bad. Also if you have pains in your belly from strectching you can say they are pains from the infection and get a little sympathy while your at it. :wv
Topolino Posts: 1659
You could always just tell them your news.
Looney07 Posts: 2393
How about developing a kidney infection this evening or early tomorrow and your waiting on the Doctor on Call to ring you back with a time to go in. When on the phone to anyone just say Oh I'm bursting to go to loo I will ring you back in a min. Then ring them back and after a few mins say look I really have to go now coz I have to go to the loo again