Feeling sore, tense and anxious (with some TMI details)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

walkingwollie Posts: 3344
I will be 39 weeks pregnant tomorrow and have constant low level cramping with some more significant cramps (like mild-moderate period cramps) irregularly. The cramps are really tiring me out even though I am just sitting here.. they get more severe at night. Baby is moving about and have some tea-coloured discharge - wouldn't call it pink or brown exactly. Nothing like a show. No water loss. Also have a stinging, burning sensation deep inside me. Could this really go on like this for another few weeks? I know it's going to get worse before it gets better (and a LOT worse) and I'm trying to stay calm and relaxed but I have this feeling of being between exhausted and hyped up. Maybe I need to take my mind off it? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrr. Just ranting really! I don't feel like I am anywhere near the start of labour, just that my body is huge and no longer my own and vaguely sore and stiff and difficult! Oh woe is me, you know! I want to kill my dh just for existing! He came home early and because I am not very communicative and generally not chatty he's all like 'oh it was really worth my while coming home'. I have to keep telling him to stop talking and asking me questions because he is doing my head in - I know he's not doing anything wrong, I just wish he could just follow my lead a bit. We were practising breathing exercises yesterday and he kpt saying 'surely you should do it x way' and I could have done him serious harm, I really could. I just want him to require less direction on what to do while at the same time making less suggestions every two minutes? that sounds wildly irrational I'm sure but it's just how I feel. I hate this waiting game! I really hate it!
shellbellxxx Posts: 133
no advice for you but i really sympathise with you... :thnk
BlossomHill Posts: 2169
No idea.......sorry Could you ring VHI helpline and talk to nurse or call your hospital. You haven't very long to go. Best of luck.
Joleigh Posts: 4242
Ah God, poor you! It can be tense and stressful waiting on D day. Maybe ring your midwife and just double check on the discharge. I'd say it relates to pressure though after babies head engaging, which is also prob whats causing the stinging pain. Just try and relax (easier said than done) and tell DH if he wants to make you feel better to just avoid talking and give you a hug! I felt like this a few months ago but feel ok now. I'm sure every pg woman prob goes through it at some stage. Hope you feel better soon xxx
blondiee Posts: 771
Mrs bean, nearly there now, keep the faith :xox Maybe have a soak in a warm bath
AHappyMrs Posts: 622
Best of luck Mrs Bean.... just think in a matter of days you'll have your beautiful baby and you'lll fall in love with your DH all over again!
roxychick Posts: 1802
Poor you Mrs Bean. I know what you mean about feeling huge. I think these feelings are normal towards the end. We've been through 9 months of it and feels like it will never end. Is there anything you can do to treat yourself and take your mind off it?
Sybil Fawlty Posts: 1541
I feel your pain Mrs Bean. After a horrible night at the start of the week I've now got shoulder, neck and back pain. Very bad at night. Have just become so uncomfortable. Was a bit concerned about these pains as I wasn't expecting them. Was psyched up for the contractions and labour related pains (or what I imagine they might be like) but this was totally unexpected. What with finding protein in the urine at the beginning of the week I decided to give the hospital midwife a call just to check it all out. She assured me all is ok and to take solpadene or paracetamol. It's just such a waiting game now isn't it?! Hope you're feeling ok today.
walkingwollie Posts: 3344
Thanks girls.. just needed a rant. Surprised myself at how it all overcame me yesterday as generally had been feeling okish about it all! Anyway, for anyone in the same boat, just get out and distract yourself. To stop me whinging on at my poor long-suffering dh, we went for a swim and a meal and the movies and I felt much better. Sometimes I think all this time sitting around on mat leave heightens the anxiety of waiting..
Salander Posts: 1639
could you have a uti? I got one in the days leading up to labour and confused the two. i would check with your gp - i ended up on antibiotic drips before during and after birth of babs!