Feeling uck. @ 23weeks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MissieGold Posts: 1124
I was feeling really well from weeks 13 to 21 - in fact better than well I have had lots of energy and felt really positive. Last week I was pretty achy and getting stretching pains in belly and sore back. This week it is all I can do to get out of bed and by lunch time all I want to do is climb back into bed and sleep. I have not been sleeping well since 7 weeks waking up at least 3 times to pee and in the past few weeks my back is agony when Im lying down I even bought a new posture sprung matress but to no avail. All week I have been feeling crap I feel like Im getting MS back again and my bachache only improves when I walk around not good since I have tonnes of paperwork/ data entry stuff to do in work. Im using biofreeze (doc said its safe to use when pg) and taking baths every night. Im trying to avoid using paacetamol but have been taking the rennies like they are sweets. Sorry for the moan i know i have been lucky up until now and shouldnt complain but has anybody any idea how to ease this damn backache.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Missie i was the same with the backache, I sit at my desk for 9.5 hours a day and was crippled. I started pregnancy yoga and the difference is unbelievable. I just do about 10 mins of the stretches and back strengthening exercises maybe 5 times a week. I try and take regular breaks from the desk, even just go to the loo or for a drink of water every hour and maybe a 10 min walk at lunch. Work have been really good and i got a foot rest and a new ergonomic chair !!!. I find the couch at home the worst after an hour on it i can hardly stand up. Do the yoga i cant recommend it enough. I was feeling terrible last week, no appetite,backache,nosebleeds, couldnt sleep etc and this week i feel great loads of energy. I think myself i get like that when the baby goes through a growth spurt it seems to take a lot out of me. The DVD i use is Shiva Rea prenatal yoga you can get it on Amazon and its tailored to each trimester. Hope you feel better soon. :thnk
breeze Posts: 1175
I too suffer with the back ache only on my right side though. I do aqua aerobics and its great for my back dont feel as sore for a couple of days after. I also try to walk for a bit too, it can help
newyearbabs Posts: 686
I haven't looked back since starting pg yoga as well its great my back used to be really killing me at the end of each day in work and now its a little sore but bearable, it has also eased indigestion we have been shown loads of excerises to open up the chest which helps with breathing aswell. As NLTG says I give it a go if you can it does work wonders. HTH