Fell this morning and now spotting..trying to be calm

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Emme Posts: 4735
Fell on the ice this morning, on my side so my thigh and arm took the brunt but came into work and went to loo and I'm spotting. I would call it a bleed but I believe spotting is the term to use. OB's phone engaged so killing time. Trying to be calm. Imagining cramps now but I know they're not there.
Pumpernickle Posts: 206
Emme, I know its hard but try not to panic. I had spotting twice in my early pregnancy and everything was fine. I went to the maternity hospital for a scan though just to be on the safe side. Thats probably what you're doctor will tell you to do.... Don't worry - I'm sure it'll be fine!
classygal Posts: 436
Emme, don't panic but get it checked out as it is following a fall. They will scan and reassure you. Let us know how you are and take care :xxx
classygal Posts: 436
Emme, don't panic but get it checked out as it is following a fall. They will scan and reassure you. Let us know how you are and take care :xxx
Forgottenpassword Posts: 1078
Don't panic. I do think they will get you to go in for a quick scan just to put your mind at ease, but, that is for the best. Take it easy until you get onto your obs - I am sure everything will be fine. FP
snowbear Posts: 2107
Elegance Posts: 2848
emme pet, do what Mirandah says, go straight to the nearest epu. as everyone has said, its normal to have spotting and then to have a beautiful baby, so you remember that, but to stop yourself stressing go get checked out. you'll be posting to us shortly, saying that the heartbeat was really strong nothing to worry about, i'm sure of it. call you dh if you havnt already pet. :xox
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
Emme, Hope your ok try to remember baby is well insulated in there, how many weeks are you now? Best thing would prob just to go into the ER of your mat hospital if you can so they can check you out and put your mind at ease.
coconut Posts: 2183
emme, honey try not to panic the others are right go to the nearest emergency unit and get checked out to be on the safe side!! let us know how u get on
Emme Posts: 4735
Girls as ever thank you so much for your replies. I hung around for about 5 minutes after I posted and then my Ob told me to pop in to him so off I went, crapping myself. He did an examination (owwww) and a scan and all is well. I have pollops which are causing the bleeding (I had a bleed at Christmas as well) and a low lying placenta but all is well with babs. So PHEW!!!!! I am so glad I chose the OB I did, he was just so nice and reassuring. And thanks again to you! :thnk