Fertility monitors

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
Just wondering if anybody has tried the “clear blue fertility monitor”? it gets great reviews on other websites, but I’m wondering does it really do “what it says on the tin” every person on the website got pregnant FIRST month using it. I seen it in boots and it’s €130 for the monitor and then €25 for 20 test sticks?
Aug Dream Posts: 142
Hi Babtalk 05, I'm currently using it and I'm on my 2nd month of it. It very accurately predicts your peak days, as I used also OPK's to be doubly sure and to help me understand Ovulation better, as my cycle has been a bit all over the place. I was not lucky last month, but at least we knew when was the peak time and we gave it our best shot, if you know what I mean. Best of luck with it Aug Dream
cooper Posts: 2
This is also my 2nd month using the moniter and find it very helpful to determine my peak days....here's hoping!
sally Posts: 1140
Hi babtalk05..... wonder could you give us a brief description of how it works. Ive been using the OPK's and they are good enough but expensive and it might be worth investing if TTC is going to take a while. Might be cheaper in the long run. Does is measure LH as well.... do you have to not pee for four hours before using it.... thats the bit I hate with OPK's.
Calendar Girl Posts: 567
Hi Sally, I buying it today, so I'll let you know how I get on this month.... Clearblue. Fertility Monitor The most advanced home method to maximise your chances of conceiving. Unmistakable. 100% natural. 99% accurate. Display of your personal level of fertility every day. Non-invasive and easy to use. The only technology based solely on hormone monitoring. It more accurately identifies more fertile days than any other method. It also unmistakably displays your personal level of fertility every day, and categorises it into Low fertility, High fertility, or Peak fertility. And it's so easy to use. Simply turn on the monitor first thing each morning, perform a urine test if prompted by the monitor, and read your daily fertility status on the display screen.
Am still in two minds what to do, the other website (Magic Mum’s) swear by it! So would be interested to see what you think of it MrsBride2b05
mrsjay Posts: 190
hi babtalk i was like you a couple of months ago - will i, won't i... but i bit the bullet and bought one on ebay. you can get them for 80usd upwards. you need either 10 or 20 test sticks each month depending on your cycle (i needed 20 the first month and 10 -i think- in month 2). i've just bought a pack of 30 test sticks for 40usd. we didn't have much luck the first month and we're just in the middle of the second month so who knows if this will be our month. even if it's not, it's very calming and relaxing to know exactly when your high and peak days are. you make the most of those days, relax for the rest of the month and just let nature do its thing. i'm not at all anxious about it this month cos i know we're doing all we can and que sera sera!!
mumof2 Posts: 3864
Can I ask how much they would cost in Boots? Am thinking of getting one for myself
septemberprincess- They are €130.00 and then €25 for the sticks that you use with them.