Few questions for those who had an elective section

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
For those who had an elective section, can I ask a few questions: I am getting bits together & don't know if I need Witch Hazel, Tea Tree Oil, etc. or not? Can you realistically drive after 3 weeks? Will insurance company cover me? I won't have any help & Alan has to go back to work after 3 weeks. Doctor wants to section me at 39 weeks. I didn't make it to 39 weeks naturally with Scott. Both of my sisters had 2nd babies about an hour & a quarter after first contraction so there is a family history there of quick labours. I would like to be sectioned 38 + 5 if possible. How far can I push this? Will they listen to me/take this on board? TIA x (Also posted in M&K)
Spottytie Posts: 155
Lizzie I didn't use tea tree oil or witch hazel but found arnica homeopathic remedy brill for the healing. I was back driving after 3 weeks and had some complications, as long as you can slam your foot on the ground, turn body round and Dr also done examination of my tummy so you should be fine. I was told by Dr insurance company covers you as long as Dr has given ok to drive. I would discuss your concerns with your Dr and see what they say, is this your first section?
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
I didn't use tea tree oil or witch hazel, midwife told me not to. I took arnica tablets but not within the first 10 days. FBD told me I wasn't insured until after 5 weeks and only then with doctors permission. Check with your insurance. Talk to doctor about your concerns about contractions starting. I had the same concerns as ds was 10 days and they would only do the elective section a week early but they wouldn't budge.
Marvin Mole Posts: 1076
I didn't use tea tree/witch hazel etc. Just had baths with salt in them and that kept the wound nice and clean and I had no problems. I felt fine to drive after 4 weeks and insurance company were happy to let me but I would definitely check with them first. I'm due my 3rd section in June, hospital told me it would be around 39 weeks and that they would decide the exact date at 37 weeks when they knew what their schedule of other ladies booked in was looking like. I get the impression they decide when the date will be and you have no influence whatsoever.