few words for back of mass booklet

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

geminigirl Posts: 137
Hi girls just wondering if anyone has a nice few words like a little thank you to put at back of mass booklet. I found this but think its a bit cheesey and was wondering if anyone had anything else a bit better. Thank you dear friends and family for your love and support here today. Your presence here warms our hearts more than words can say! Have this poem for the first page of the booklet [b:3e5agte9]To Our Families and Friends[/b:3e5agte9] Today we begin the rest of our life Together forever as husband and wife. Our dreams came true, with love and more Adventures to have & the world to explore. We’ll share our joys, we’ll share our sorrows; We can already see many bright tomorrows. We’ll share our friends & family too, And you are part of that special crew. Thank you for celebrating our wedding day. As we share our vows, we just want to say: These wedding memories will become a treasure, And seeing you here is part of the pleasure.
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
i think you have said your thanks in the first poem, not necessary to say again. what about irish wedding blessing on the back 'may the road rise to meet you, may the wind be at your back, etc'. im thinking of putting it at back of my booklet, have some overseas ppl which might appreciate it!
MayMay69 Posts: 234
the first page on our booklet has this poem To our Parents, Families & Friends Today we begin the rest of our life Together forever as husband and wife. Our dreams came true, with love and more Adventures to have and the world to explore. We’ll share our joys, we’ll share our sorrows; We can already see many bright tomorrows. We’ll share our friends and family too, And you are part of that special crew. Thank you for celebrating our wedding day. As we share our vows, we just want to say: These wedding memories will become a treasure, And seeing you here is part of the pleasure. thelast page: Today With My Whole Heart Today with my whole heart I pledge to thee my love and faith for eternity. To fill your life with laughter and fun to stay true to you my only one. I'll be your friend in good times and in bad comfort you when you're feeling sad. I'll be your star shining bright in time of darkness I'll be your light. I pledge this oath till the very end I'll stay with you forever my love, my friend. and the very back cover has "From this day forward you shall not walk alone, my arms will be your shelter my heart will be your home
workingmom Posts: 3429
I think the thanks part is lovely for the mass booklet, but not so sure the sloppier stuff should be in a mass booklet, didn't put it in mine anyways, surely people know that the couple getting married love each other... isn't that the whole point of marraige.... each to their own, I always think a few heart felt words of thanks written personally are nicer than a rhyming poem.
MayMay69 Posts: 234
i really dont think there is anything wrong with having poems in the booklet,. each to their own. it means a lot to us to be able to use something special in it that we both like and the words are so appropriate for us.
Kermette Posts: 924
I like this one [i:m15s4605] He is the half part of a blessed man Left to be finished by such as she: And she a fair divided excellence Whose fulness of perfection lies in him.[/i:m15s4605] It's from Shakespeare and I hope to use it somewhere
wedded bliss Posts: 303
I would prefer something a bit more personal, like: We would like to thank you for sharing this day with us and we look forward to your continued friendship throughout our married life Or We would like to thank you all for joining us here today to celebrate our marriage. We hope you enjoy the day. Or We thank you all for coming to share this day with us. We would especially like to thank our parents and families who have helped us in preparing for this day, who have supported us so much, encouraged us and made us who we are. To all those who have helped us in any way in preparing for our special day, thank you. We hope you enjoy sharing today with us and look forward to your friendship throughout our married life.
shinnykk Posts: 171
His hello was the end of her endings Her laugh was their first step down the aisle His hand would be hers to hold forever His forever was as simple as her smile He said she was what was missing She said instantly she knew She was a question to be answered And his answer was “I do” THis is what im having its from satc - I love love love it, it just makes me smile every time i read it :o)ll :o)ll