FFS

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs2008 Posts: 812
Gabby Posts: 2873
God tats awful Mrs2008. Do yu live close to her ? Why would you invite her out with ye? Are ye not entitled to a night out on your own for Gods sake. What does your H2B think of this? He should have a word with her although if he is anything like mine his mother is God and can do no wrong
mad woman Posts: 22106
[quote="Mrs2008":3fg7y9nf]We live about 5 mins drive from her - she's always been the same - before we used to live together - we'd go the cinema and stuff on dates and she would always complain that we never took her with us. I remember one night H2B was straightening the back of my hair as i couldn't reach and she came in and went bananas screaming "i'm sick of this you never straighten my hair or rub my feet" i was shocked it was actually a bit sickening - thats when we decided to get our own place. He said that he said to her will you ever grow up - its all young people and we're going to club. She said well it would be nice to be asked - but the thing about her is if you asked her she's bloody be there with bells on. I just cant understand why she'd want to come - shes not on this planet!![/quote:3fg7y9nf] thats sounds very weird...
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
Maybe she is just jealous of you and that she is not the No1 woman in h2b life
Bubski Posts: 1785
[quote="Mrs2008":2k5g3y06] I'm not saying she has to sit at home knitting but why would she want to come to a club at 67 yrs of age????[/quote:2k5g3y06] Just a guess but i reckon the poor woman is as lonely as sin. Has she any friends of her own age? Maybe you should try her with a new group - such as a brdge / bingo nite or something.
Roxanne Posts: 3201
[quote="Mrs2008":6ezw5qpa]We live about 5 mins drive from her - she's always been the same - before we used to live together - we'd go the cinema and stuff on dates and she would always complain that we never took her with us. [b:6ezw5qpa]I remember one night H2B was straightening the back of my hair as i couldn't reach and she came in and went bananas screaming "i'm sick of this you never straighten my hair or rub my feet" i was shocked it was actually a bit sickening - thats when we decided to get our own place.[/b:6ezw5qpa] He said that he said to her will you ever grow up - its all young people and we're going to club. She said well it would be nice to be asked - but the thing about her is if you asked her she's bloody be there with bells on. I just cant understand why she'd want to come - shes not on this planet!![/quote:6ezw5qpa] Sweet Baby Jesus and all the Angels... are you serious? YOU NEVER RUB MY FEET???? Thank God your h2b doesn't buy in to this, otherwise I would be afraid I was marrying Norman Bates if I were you! The only thing to do is ignore her, she is being completely irrational. Pay her the respect and kindness that she is due as his mother and no more.
Gabby Posts: 2873
That would drive me mental but then again I agree with Bubski. She probably is lonely as sin. Has she got any friends or hobbies? Is she interested in anything where she might meet people or does she have brothers or sisters living close to her. In fairness at 67 years of age she shouldbe able to let her son go and realise he has a family now and that she cannot be the centre of his attention all of the time. Why in the name of God would she want to go to a club with a load of young people.
NowGone Posts: 8042
[quote="Mrs2008":2etsuh8a]went bananas screaming "i'm sick of this you never straighten my hair or rub my feet" [/quote:2etsuh8a] Er, what now? That's really very weird. she doesn't live in Room 10, c/o Bates Motel? I don't care if she's lonely or not, this is totally inappropriate! Could you encourage her to take up Bingo/Ballroom Dancing/Bowling/hairdressing >:o) [size=75:2etsuh8a] edited for spellin'[/size:2etsuh8a]