Fiance felt kicking for first time this morning!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

topgearbride Posts: 12
Hey everyone!! I'm 20 weeks pregnant on baby number 2 and although I've been feeling movements and kicks for a good few weeks now, my fiance hadn't been able to feel anything. The last week or so when the baby starts moving, I'll call him but as soon as he put his hand on my belly the kicking stops!!! So this morning about 8am the bump started doing the usual early morning somersaults so I just grabbed his hand and put it on my belly and he got 3 or 4 good kicks for himself so now he's delighted with himself!! I think its just makes everything more real for him now!!
hipbaby Posts: 4530
Ah thats so lovely for him!! *) i think you are right until they feel baby it doesn't seem real! I remember on DD1 we were in Dublin at Christmas time on a night away and in the morning in the Clarence hotel DD was kicking like mad and DH put his cheek on my belly and got an almighty kick in the face but he was so thrilled!!!
red_rubies Posts: 2424
Aw congrats, it's lovely isn't it?? :lvs I can remember the morning that DH could felt our baby's kicks for the first time too. It was Easter Sunday morning. It's such a special moment, so surreal!! :lvs
aylala Posts: 3673
Aw :lvs it is lovely, my DH got to feel a kick on Friday night he was thrilled with himself too :lvs I've been getting what I can only describe as a poking feeling in my cervix since yesterday feels very uncomfortable already :eek
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
Ah thats great, it definitely makes it more real for them :o)ll
Diamondz Posts: 2208
it's fantastic when you can share it with DH.. and you're right it definately makes it more real for them *) *)