Fibroids

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bubbles31 Posts: 163
Hi Girls, I have 3 fibroids and were discovered on my 22 week scan. Does anyone else suffer from these and what symtoms do you have. I feel a strain in my lower stomach getting in and out of bed and if I turn during the night. Seemingly there are common in pregnancy. Thanks
kala Posts: 1937
my sister got them on her 2nd pregnancy but they move out of the way for baby.she gave birth to a healthy 71b 8 8 oz baby boy, naturally. i wouldn't worry bout it but it would be interesting to hear how others got though their pregnancies with fibroids.
Emme Posts: 4735
Bubbles can I ask if the strain sensation is like a stretching muscle?
bubbles31 Posts: 163
Ya I suppose it does feel like a stretching muscle, can be uncomfortable I have to say, I just know it's there.
Emme Posts: 4735
Must not self diagnose Must not self diagnose Must not self diagnose O:|
dreamer Posts: 3941
I was told I had one also at my 22 week scan. I asked the sonographer again at my 36 week scan yesterday and she said she wouldn't have noticed it - it's pretty insignificant. She said, they point them out to women as sometimes they can grow as the uterus expands but in my case hadn't. I have had that strain in my lower stomach too - it's the round ligament stretching all the time!! Can be sore though!!
sunsparks Posts: 2196
[quote="Emme":2py861nb]Must not self diagnose Must not self diagnose Must not self diagnose O:|[/quote:2py861nb] :o0 :o0 I'm trying to resist that temptation myself!! Sorry - can't help on the fibroids, but am an expert in polyps. It's amazing what we learn during pg, isn't it?