Films you've never seen but everyone else has?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
Are there any 'big' films that you have managed to go through life without watching? You know the kind - it's like everyone and their dog has seen this movie. Like the Goonies or ET; and you garner a shocked look? I've managed to avoid - The Notebook The Harry Potters series SATC 2 Any of the Star Wars movies
highbeam Posts: 2578
[quote="Retiredbride":3a34726s] I've managed to avoid - The Notebook The Harry Potters series SATC 2 [b:3a34726s]dont bother, worst film ever[/b:3a34726s] Any of the Star Wars movies[/quote:3a34726s] Star wars The Notebook Its a wonderful life, The Matrix series, Any of the Kill Bills, The Twilight movies - I dont even know how many there are :-8 Im sure theres loads more...
macattack Posts: 1617
The Lion King.
mkb Posts: 1744
Oh god I think i probably have about a hundred of these, There are some films i just look at and go NO straight away and then there some that i just think Meh! couldn't really be bothered with it. One that is bone of contention with my oh as he dying to see is "Lost in translation", I don't know why but if i even hear mention of it i walk away. it just has to be the mix of scarelet Johanson (sp) and bill murray thats putting me off but I haven't even seen a clip of it and i feel bored thinking of it. very ignorant of me i know Titanic ( oh how i would loathe to see this) Blood Diamond I compelely missed the ball on this The English Patient - i saw a clip and i thought snore!!!!! :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: I sound very ignorant but some films just have no appeal to me. :-8
Another Wol here who hasn't seen the English Patient. There's a few for me, I just can't think of them all now.
jamjars Posts: 1721
The Princess Bride is the big one for me I think... everytime I mention I haven't seen it the look of shock and horror on my friends faces is hilarious!
macattack Posts: 1617
[quote="shampers":3puqmeuw]SATC 2 dont bother, worst film ever[/quote:3puqmeuw] +1 - Don't bother. Loved the first one was no2 was poo. Pardon the pun.
[quote:cdetnmws]Re: Films you've never seen but everyone else has? Post by jamjars ยป 30 Sep 2011 09:53 The Princess Bride is the big one for me I think... everytime I mention I haven't seen it the look of shock and horror on my friends faces is hilarious![/quote:cdetnmws] No.Way. This is The most awesome film ever. You have to see it. It will enrich your life... O.k. maybe not, but is it really good.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Christ there are LOADS! The Sound of Music Princess Bride English Patient The Goonies The oldies like Gone with the Wind etc. Most of the Disney films - not really into cartoon films .... I could go on all day! Mkb - Blood Diamond is one of my favourite films, definitely worth watching honestly!
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Another one here for the english patient And the The Princess Bride (tbh Ive never even heard of it :-8 :-8 ) Jurassic Park Mamma Mia The Lost boys Harry potter Movies Lord of the rings The Matrix Any Star Wars/Startrack movies Saving private Ryan (although I did see the "adult" version of it, "Saving Ryan's Privates >:o) >:o) Schindlers list There are probably 100's more that I just cant think of at the moment