Final Touch Band; Would you recommend them?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lola09 Posts: 9
Hi, We are getting married in August 2010 in the Armada, Clare. Music is very important to us and we need a really good band! We went to see the News & Final Touch a couple of weeks ago at some weddings.... I really liked Final Touch but when I spoke to the wedding planner he said they were 'distinctly average' and that there are better bands around?!!? I thought they were fab & I love their selection of songs? We are living the UK so its difficult to make appointments to see bands playing. I wondered what the general opinion is of them & also I have been hearing a lot about Dedarag?? Think thats how u spell it LOL!!!
Mush1974 Posts: 126
If you can wait 3 weeks, I can let you know as we have them booked for our wedding. They played at a wedding I was at a few years ago and they were fantastic and it was really the best wedding I have ever been to, so am hoping they will be as good at ours! x
Bakeswife Posts: 1098
Hi there i have them booked and they are playing at my wedding in less than 3 wks - we have heard great reports about them and they also play in a pub in limerick under another name....
Hey Mush - I just realised you are the day after me...how are your plans coming along?
Hey there, Plans are coming along ok...I hope! Can't believe it is only 11 days away. I'm not nervous or anything as yet as I don't think it has hit me. The most thing I'm excited about at the moment is that I just got my engagement ring redipped and it's so fab and looks sparkling new, so it feels like as if I've just gotten engaged all over again!!! Sad! Can't believe I will have another ring on there with it in just a few days. How about you? Are you all set? Are you nervous? x
Hey mush i am nervous and excited at the same time...i dont know whether to make a list now and keep ticking it off,sometimes i have lists coming out my ass...with final touch they are playing our first dance song on cd as its a female artist... i collected my dress on friday and its fab i am over the moon with it...have you any last minute advice or list i should be ticking off?
Lola09 Posts: 9
Hey, hope you both had fantastic days! Cant wait to hear about the band :o0
osullie1 Posts: 2
HI I am getting married next may and i have booked Final touch. Can you please let m know if you were happy with them. Thanks
mrsgameover Posts: 383
Hi Ladies, We got married in July and had Final Touch. They were absolutely brilliant. They did both the band and DJ for us and the dance floor was full all night long. Everyone is still talking about what a great night it was and how great the band were. Everyone literally danced the night away. The band also had to learn our first dance as they had never done it together before and it was an absolutely incredible version of the song - our first song was Nothing Else Matters by Metallica so not what they would normally be asked to sing. Hubby is a huge Metallica fan and he was blown away by how they sang the song which for me said everything. HTH
Oh my God - they were AMAZING! Everyone is talking about it! Especially that they played songs like Sex on Fire and Kings of Leon. I can't recommend them enough and they were fantastic to deal with as well. They really made the wedding and so many people have said that ours was the best wedding they have ever been to, so something you like to hear. I've been to a lot of weddings and they are definitely the best I have ever heard! I had heard them at a friend's wedding a few years ago and never left the dancefloor all night.