Finally booked the hen

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bree Van De Kamp Posts: 1275
I tell ye girls, there's a reason you're only meant to get married once O:| Trying to organise this hen has been an utter disaster and a stretch to my sanity (and my cbm did most of the work, god bless her). Typically it was my sisters and sil that caused all the hassle, couldn't get a reply out of some of them, twas like getting blood out of a turnip. Having hen in April, you'd think it would be easy to book somewhere but everywhere was booked up! Have booked Kenmare, now to try and organise a mini bus......and yes, one of my sisters has issues with that too, she wants to drive herself and my other sister and sil cause she doesn't drink and doesn't have to worry bout the bag the next day, which means 3 less people on bus means price of bus goes up for everyone else O:| O:| O:| She said that stopping on the way for drinks wasn't her scene.......eh, what's she doing on a hen night then????? My advice girls, book about 6 months in advance if you can, and try not to strangle anyone, you'd end up in jail and would miss the wedding :wv
Miss Indecisive Posts: 996
OMG, sounds like you had a nightmare time. Hope you enjoy it though when it comes around. :wv
Mrs.July0408 Posts: 1842
[color=purple:1cx26vwp]Totally agree!!! In the process of trying to organise my hen & although I have 2 friends trying to do it I am still feeling the stress cos people can't seem to agree on a weekend. O:| O:| O:| I'm sorry now that I didn't just get my closest friends together & go away somewhere. I have 20+ on my list & could do without the hassle!! Anyway, at least it's sorted now, enjoy!! O-O [/color:1cx26vwp]
Go love ya, I only had 12 and I was tearing my hair out.
Milly83 Posts: 3620
My CBM has already sorted out the hen... Think she's as organised as me. I don't have to do anything!! She asked for the list of names that will be going and their contact numbers and I know nothing else apart from the fact that it is in Kenmare..
Wonder if it's the same date as mine, maybe that'd explain why it was so hard to get accommodation for that night :o0
Update: My sil texted this morning to back out of the hen. I knew she was iffy and told her to be absolutely sure before saying yes as the deposit was non refundable, no bother says she. Now this morning she can no longer get time off work even though she could yesterday, says 2 managers have it already booked....which she would have been made aware of when she tried to book it off, plus she is a manager >:o( Then she texts back to say that at this rate she mightn't even be able to get time off for the wedding!!! FFS If your lot are anything like mine, save yourself the hassle, kick h2b out of the house and have a wine fueled pyjama party, much less hassle O:| >:o(