finally set date for our wedding!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Emeraldbride Posts: 113
:eek Hi, we have finally decided on a date for our wedding after alot of debate! we had thought august 2011, then sep 2010 but now we have decided on 24th April 2011 :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll we will be together 8 years then! This is because we want to buy our first house next year and get settled before the wedding and save for it. I like being organised so will book the hotel soon. we have it down to two hotels now! anyway just so happy now even though it so far away. and just created my ticker too O-O :thnk
milis Posts: 7998
Congratulations :o)ll Book the hotel and church/reg office really soon though, you'd be surprised how early some of them get booked!
christmas angel Posts: 90
Congratulalations and welcome Emerald Bride!! You will have gathered a mine of information from here by the time April 2011 comes around. Anyway just a quick word of warning. Try as much as you can to get a commitement of your hotel on prices for 2011. We have been stung badly by our hotel raising prices once we had contract signed. In this day and age every hotel should be delighted with your business. Get them to quote you as accurately as they can so you can compare like with like. Best Wishes!
I cant see to get the hotels to commit to prices yet! one hotel we went to was really nice and we were really impressed with it but it took the manager six weeks to get back to us with a price despite me ringing twice! that put us off that hotel which was the county arms in birr. he then emailed after six weeks saying there would be a 10% increase for 2010 and he would give it to us at that price. 10% seems like alot! :ooh :ooh looked at the bridge house in tullamore today, said they cant guarantee a price even with a deposit and it would prob go up 1 - 3 % on this years prices. so confusing, we r going to look at the Hazel in monastervin during the week so think it will be choice between the hazel or bridge house. we r in laois and not that many hotels around. also would the priest think we mad if we approched him soon, think the manager in hotel thought we mad but i want to make sure we get the date we want! :o)ll :o)ll
milis Posts: 7998
priest won't think you are mad at all! We booked our hotel 18 months in advance, and we couldn't get a weekend date at all. We would have had to wait 3 years for a Fri/Saturday wedding :eek I know our hotel wouldn't have commited on prices when we booked, and the price increases there in January every year.
ela28 Posts: 2552
congratulations emeraldbride,it's great when you set the date, good luck with all the planning :wv
mrstobe09 Posts: 875
Congratulations - you must be delighted having a date picked out. Its best to get the main things sorted as early as possible so I certainly wouldn't t hink the priest would think your mad at all. Best of luck with all the planning.
yeah so happy we have finally decided on the date. better to wait and save so we can enjoy it. will be getting our first home next year so its so exciting! im just finshing a masters after six years in college, feel like my life is just beginning now :xxx only 5 months till finshed course and then we can start planning the wedding and house :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Chococat Posts: 1632
Congratulations Emeraldbride, This time will fly by, enjoy every minute of it :wv