Menu

Finally Started IVF

Go to TTC with Assistance

Peaches and Cream
Mini Wolly

Re: Finally Started IVF

Postby Peaches and Cream » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:25 pm

Hi Girls,
Havent been on in a while. Have been 'focused'!!
The egg retrieval was delayed two days as they wanted the follicles a little bigger. I did find it painful and uncomfortable. For some reason I thought Id be totally numb down below!!! But no!Anyway they got 17 eggs. So amazing.

Then I took a week off. And just watched dvds, small light walks just generally being off work and relaxing. Think it helped. We just pottered around shopping, looking for things for the house, relaxing. We'd a great week off!!

By the Wednesday we did the embryo transfer. That was much easier and we had four good embryos. 3 to freeze and one to implant. So it went text book for us, about time...!!!

Today we got a call from Sims to say I'm pregnant O:o) . Cant believe it. Have never been pregnant before!!!

Last week I was himming and hawing about doing a home pregnancy test. They say don't. But was getting excited. It was negative. I nearly died. Then of course worry till the blood test. So shouldn't have tested. Couldn't tell my husband, so like that I was in no mood for chatting! And he didn't know why. I just said we have to prepare ourselves for a negative result. So anyway, we are delighted to get our goal, pregnant. Now we are going to take it one week at a time. Continue the injections, gels etc.

Its funny one thing that turned me off IVF was that someone said they don't support you after the procedure and I thought sure it would be pointless if I need Progesterone support and they don't give it Id have to go back to Napro for it. But as far as I can see they support your progesterone up to 12 weeks. So please God it will all go well.

How did you get on Blueeyes?
Cheers and good luck ,
Peaches and Cream

MrsSparkle2B
Wolly Addict

Postby MrsSparkle2B » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:03 pm

That's lovely news peaches & cream, wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months!

Blueeyes79
Mini Wolly

Postby Blueeyes79 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:54 pm

Hey Peaches & Cream,

Congratulations, I am delighted for you... brilliant news... keep us posted. You have been through Sooo much... I love your spirit, it def keeps everyone going..

Brilliant news, I wish you a very happy, healthy pregnancy ahead, you will love it all.

I hear you about the support, I don't know have they changed but I find them excellent.

My news isn't such fun. Only 5 eggs were retrieved today so I have myself convinced there won't be anything to put back in... I will try and remain positive, but even the doctor was surprised.

Anyway, I had my ET today at 11.20. I have a wonderful sleep after it and feel fine. No need for additional drugs yet anyway. So for us a phone call in the morning between 9-10am to see if any have fertilized.

I will keep yee posted. I am genuinely delighted for you P&C... very well deserved.

I don't even feel too bad about everything, I needed to give stuff one last shot, and I am eternally grateful for our son Josh who I will put more time now and effort into as I feel, over the last 3 months doing this thing I haven't been the best mother in the world..

By my nature once I have a good night sleep I should wake up bouncing with positively again.

My friend p8ssed me right off today she couldn't even fit me in for a couple of glasses of wine at ANY stage of my LONG protocol, so when she said today Be positive!!! not knowing the stats of things really getting to 5 day blast with just 5 eggs and me being 37... I felt like screaming at her.

Best of luck to everyone here... and if there is any chance of things changing which or whether I will update you all xxxx

Off to France for our 11th wedding anniversary to give our son and ourselves a well earned break..

Blueeyes x

Blueeyes79
Mini Wolly

Postby Blueeyes79 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:11 pm

Hey girls,

5 eggs = 5 eggs fertilized...= 5 embryos
Fingers and toes crossed that they live for our transfer on Sunday.

First step, after a nights sleep I am feeling more positive :o)ll O-O :xxx :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:

Blueeyes

Peaches and Cream
Mini Wolly

Postby Peaches and Cream » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:20 am

Hi BlueEyes,
Delighted for you. Great stats on the embryos. Please God now it will work out for you.
Relax and enjoy France!!!
Brilliant. Fingers crossed,
P&C

Previous

Go to TTC with Assistance