Find out babies gender or not??? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LittleLily Posts: 3682
We didn't find out but I somehow knew he was a boy. I told everyone I was sure it was a boy. We had 2 boy names and 2 girl names ready to go. I couldn't think of any reason to find out for sure. We'd be buying everything gender neutral anyway so we didn't need to know for shopping reasons. We're not really into putting boys in all blue and girls in all pink. Our guy has boy clothes now but we didn't buy any of them. Sometimes I wonder if we had no desire to find out because we had had a previous miscarriage so all we really wanted was a healthy little baby and gender didn't matter at all. It did occur to me once that maybe we might have been more eager to find out on that first pregnancy if we had gotten to that stage but we'll never know. Just happy to have our funny little guy now. Like hbomb said, you won't regret it either way. It was the most fantastic moment hearing my husband say "it's a boy" straight after he was born. Wouldn't change it for the world.
Buttercup x Posts: 535
Yep, even though we found out we still bought most things gender neutral. I was very undecided about finding out but hubby (who is normally very laid back about everything!) really wanted to know so I went with it. We didn't have any particular reason for finding out. It would be such a lovely memory for hubby to announce what it was, love that LilttleLily :lvs
Perci Posts: 3847
Found out on all 3. If you're not sure whether you want to find out then I'd say don't find out.
mrssheen Posts: 76
We found out by accident because I spotted his tackle. We'd discussed it anyway and said we'd decide at the 20 week scan but I spotted it at our 16 week scan and they confirmed it. I doesn't make a blind bit of difference to us to be honest. We still don't know what he'll look like and what his little character will be like so we still got lots of surprises to come. We are still buying neutral stuff anyway.
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
We found out. Just always said I'd want to know. Have only told immediate family. Everyone else will have to wait to find out. Its a personal thing and only you can decide whether you want to know or not.
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
I didn't want to know, DH did. Doctor told us anyway! He's known to push people into finding out. Don't regret it now even though I didn't want to . We kept it secret except for my mam and his granny, for everyone else it was a surprise. It was nice to be able to buy boy stuff and decorate the nursery. It was still a surprise when we found out, so you don't miss out on a surprise, you just get it earlier!
Mrs W Posts: 2923
We didn't find out, there's very little surprises left so we wanted to keep that one. I can't hold my piss though and would have let it slip anyway! I probably would find out next time for practical reasons
hyperrational Posts: 697
We found out. I'm a control freak by nature and always wanted to know. Himself didn't but as soon as I found out I was pregnant he changed his mind. We both feel more connected to baby knowing its a boy. Not saying you feel less connected if you don't know, but it was important for me so it's completely personal. Neither of us regrets it, sure it was a surprise when we found out.....just got the surprise a little earlier! We only told my mum and dad. DHs wouldn't be able to keep it to themselves.
NittyGritty Posts: 1605
We found out and I found it really broke up the longest pregnancy in the world. Such a lovely day. We kept it to ourselves though. As others have mentioned, we still had the surprise of "it's a girl", just earlier. I also had enough surprises at the actual birth to do me a lifetime. I got to finally meet the wee girl that had been filling my thoughts and dreams for so long, got see who she looked like, what colour her hair was etc. You won't regret whatever you choose, I've no doubt.
Newme2013 Posts: 704
I found out a couple of days before DD was born, I was in hospital and things were going wrong and I asked. We had a very strong feeling from the very beginning that it was a girl so I wanted confirmation of that. It wasn't that I had a preference, just that strong feeling. This time, I have no feeling either way and plan to leave it as a surprise but that could change as I get further along!! It's definitely a personal decision with no right or wrong answer. Go with your gut! Also be prepared that some OB's won't actually tell. Probably less common but I know of a couple who as policy just don't tell.