Find out sex of baby or keep it a surprise

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chocaddict Posts: 344
I thought I'd stick up a poll for you MrsDelight! I'm curious about this too!
Maybump Posts: 527
We're debating over this in our house! We didn't find out on first as we felt no real need to but I'm wondering would it be easier to explain to LO about baby if we knew what we were having. I remember when my brother in law told us what they were having it was a bit of an anti-climax when she was born. [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:1sb9vq1d]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10726;103/st/20110420/n/Liam/dt/-12/k/80f6/age.png[/img:1sb9vq1d] [/url] [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:1sb9vq1d]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;18;95/st/20120212/dt/-13/k/968e/preg.png[/img:1sb9vq1d] [/url]
ciaraella Posts: 5323
We found out and i'm so glad we did! We always knew we wanted to find out, we talked about years ago when we were first together and we always agreed we'd love to find out. It does make it easier in practical terms, even though we're not getting tonnes of stuff it is nice to get some girly clothes! I don't know in terms of bonding etc of it makes a difference as this is my first pregnancy but i do feel like she's already a little person to DH and I which i love. I think i would try it both ways though, if i have another baby (please god) i'd be inclined not to find out so i could experience the surprise.
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
We’ve decided to find out. Doc said that he’ll probably be able to tell us at our next scan!
pag Posts: 633
Well we found out but didn't actually say it to anyone. Which was a very good thing as the opposite gender was born!!! Not sure what we'll do this time around. Haven't really discussed it.
Marvin Mole Posts: 1076
We didn't find out last time and won't this time either .. love the surprise element!
That's so exciting Regina, i'll never forget the moment we found out, we saw three magpies (3 for a girl) that morning on the way to the scan and when the nurse was checking she asked if we had any feeling one way or another. I said laughing about the magipes and she said 'well it looks like your magpies were right!', i looked down at DH and his eyes were all teared up, it was so special :lvs
Ah that’s so cute Ciaraella. For no apparent reason, we are both convinced that it is a boy- I’ll honestly fall off the bed if it’s a girl. Although, saying that I’ve been dreaming a lot about having a girl the past couple of weeks so you just never know. I’ve no preference either way once they hand me my beautiful healthy baby at the end of it……but pink is so much cuter! :o0 :o0 :o0 Are you telling anyone the sex? We’ve decided not to so at least everyone else will have the surprise.
[quote="ReginaFalange":1sm72ctd] Are you telling anyone the sex? We’ve decided not to so at least everyone else will have the surprise.[/quote:1sm72ctd] I can't keep a secret to save my life so we've told anyone and everyone the sex but not her name. We were going to keep it a secret but i found that once we knew i hated saying 'it' and i got annoyed whenever anyone else said 'it', it just sounded wrong to me! i kept saying her or she so we figured i was going to spill the beans at some stage! My dad is gas cause he's love to know the name so he keeps testing us with different names, we've been calling her rhianna or beyonce (as a joke, no offence to any rhiannas or beyonces out there :-8 ) or bumpy most of the time to people. We only realised after choosing her first and middle name that her initials will be AJ so that's what DH and I have been calling her but i'm hoping it doesn't stick!
I’m the same- I hate saying it and I’m to lazy to keep saying and writing he/she so I usually just alternate between saying he or she. Although that can lead to more questions from people :o0 Are you gonna share the name with WOL??