Find out sex or not...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

smiley2 Posts: 14
This is our second child and dont know whether to find out at our second scan on Friday. We kinda want to know and then I am saying there will be no surprise at the end of it all.... besides the pain of course! I am so confused.....its eating away at me.
mammybean Posts: 10364
i would love to as i am so impatient but his sister found out and she aid it ruined the rest of the pregnancy on her. she had things bought name picked etc etc, apart from the actual looking orward to the baby arriving all the other excitet was gone. jumping between names wondering what it is and trying to guess etc
charli Posts: 5994
no i am not - i didnt first time around and im thrilled i didnt because it was such a surprise - wasnt convinced i was having a boy, and then little cailin popped out!!! dont want to know this time either
dovedro Posts: 1295
I always thought i would find out but now that I'm pregnant i think i want to have the excitement for me and DH wondering what it is. I also think it makes it more exciting on the day and for everyone else when the baby's born...but each to their own Think i'll find it hard though cause i'm soooo impatient!
Baby cakes Posts: 1237
I found out on my scond she is 13 months now and I was delighted I did, wa all prepared had gorgous outfits for her and her room all done. We started calling her Lucy from 26 weeks when we had our 4d scan and when she arrived she was a real Lucy, didnt ruin anything for me but each to their own, it was hubbies first and he was thrilled kept telling everyone he was having a little girl and she was going to be daddys girl. And beleive me she is folowing him everywhere, he cant even leave the room and she is shouting after him :wv
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:2tyzo55i]I love having the excitment of not knowing!!! We always talk about if it's a boy or a girl and what they'll do and what lil sayings they'll say etc. I'd love to know, purely because I'm such a nosey parker, but I really don't want to know at the same time so that there's a lil surprise when s/he is born!!![/color:2tyzo55i]
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
No don't find out. As much as maybe i would like to find out I feel life has very few surprises and well giving birth and finding out the sex then is just one of the few we have. Just think to yourself what difference would it make finding out. Yes ok you could buy pink or blue etc: but sure can't you just dress the baby in white starting off. Just think of the great surprise you'll get when you find out in the end. It's only a few more months left, don't find out.
Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
Well I am almost 35wks we dont know what were having. I never wanted to know, hubby did but he is really glad now he didnt find out as we will get our little surprise in about 5wks time hopefully!!!!!! Lucy
Spice Bride Posts: 558
We found out. For me the surprise will still be there - don't know what the baby will look like, feel like, smell like, cry like etc etc. I'm going to spend the rest of my life discovering things about her. I love knowing what the sex is. Just feel that having a baby is such a huge adjustment to our lives so any small way we can be prepared helps.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Oh ill definitely find out. Both myself and dh want to, i think it will help us both bond better and you can name them aswell. I dont think we will tell other though let it be a surprise for them.