finding out if it's a boy or a girl?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Daff Posts: 11644
We've our 3D scan on Saturday - and it's our last chance to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. All along I've always said I didn't want to know. I was adament. I'd an idealistic vision of the baby being born, being placed on my tummy and finding out what it is. DH said he could go either way, but then this morning said he's more on the side now of finding out. If we found out I'd not want anyone else to know - that I'm 100% sure of! I want it to be a surprise for everyone else. But, and this sounds terrible, I don't know if I could trust DH not to tell - he always lets everything slip, especially with drink over xmas. He got so drunk last month that he asked his BF to be Godfather without even telling me - he didn't even remember the next morning. I was furious. I found out when BF came over to thank me and tell me how honoured he was O:| (not that I mind too much as I do think he's a good choice). DH swears he wouldn't tell anyone, and I believe he'd do everything not to tell, but if he did I don't know if I could forgive him. I was in a car crash two weeks ago and had to go to the hospital to get a scan to check the baby. I was so worried and so convinced I'd lost the baby, that in the waiting room I told DH that I defaintely wanted to find out what it was - I felt that it would make it more real for me and make the connection stronger. But once I found out it was OK I wasn't sure I wanted to know anymore. Also, I'm convinced I'm having a girl, and really really would like one. I'd love my baby no matter what, but also think it might help to find out in case it's a boy and I can grow that bond now instead of always thinking of it as a girl. Sorry girls, my heads just all over the place!
silíní Posts: 4219
Nope i wont find out this time. Didnt last time either. Its a really individual thing, but for me the surprise on the day is the big thing. You dont get many big surprises in life as an adult and this is the best one!
nini83 Posts: 1917
hi daffodil could have written a lot of your post myself we have our 3d scan on 26 of this month and haven't wanted to know the whole way and are seriously tempted now and oh kinda said the other night he might like to know tho he doesn't mind either way and i agree with you about giving you a chance to get used to/bond with he/she one way or another I kind of think i'm having a boy and don't wanna be too prepared one way or another when I actually don't know.Basically i'm no help to you but am in the same boat let us know what you decide
Daff Posts: 11644
[quote="nini83":2gw670xt]hi daffodil could have written a lot of your post myself we have our 3d scan on 26 of this month and haven't wanted to know the whole way and are seriously tempted now and oh kinda said the other night he might like to know tho he doesn't mind either way and i agree with you about giving you a chance to get used to/bond with he/she one way or another I kind of think i'm having a boy and don't wanna be too prepared one way or another when I actually don't know.Basically i'm no help to you but am in the same boat let us know what you decide[/quote:2gw670xt] Maybe we should both just toss a coin?! :o0
toesies Posts: 436
[quote="silíní":3imgzole]Nope i wont find out this time. Didnt last time either. Its a really individual thing, but for me the surprise on the day is the big thing. You dont get many big surprises in life as an adult and this is the best one![/quote:3imgzole] I agree with thios, also you can't change your mind when you find out!!! Its an individual choice but at this stage I love the guessing game!!
im waiting Posts: 2727
I dont think you should find out even though it is your choice because it does take some of the excitement away. I think maybe you feel like you want to find out because you know the option is their for you come saturday but I really I think it so worth the wait. Its all a bit of a mystery. Im sure you have a feeling what your having and your DH too, the mystery and some of the excitement will be gone if you find out. I know its your decision but Please dont find out :-8 When I was pregnant with dd I was mad to find out, on a few occasions I had the opportunity to find out but thanks to midwives and H2B I didnt so after a while I got use to idea of just waiting to see. I did have a feeling I was having a girl but of course I wasnt fully sure but when I she arrived It was such a lovely surprise and I was delighted that I didnt know what it was going to be, it makes it so so so so more exciting Have I turned you?.........
Ergel Posts: 53
I will this time, only cos I didn't on DD and I know what that experience is like so now I want to have the experience of finding out.